• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kids safety harness

CC Hurl

Well I got the ladder stand up this weekend in my south east hunting area and minnor prunning at the other spots down there. Trail cam's have picked up a few nice bucks in the area.

Now my problem is my little girl wants to get in that ladder stand like yesterday and I told her she can't until I get her into a good safety harness for kids. With that said, can anyone point me in the right direction to find such a thing? Maybe some idea's as to what some of you do to insure your young one gets in and out safe. She will be sitting with me this year on a few hunts and she is pummped.

Side note, that ladder stand was a pain to setup but she looks good. Thank god for the tractor, Lol

In the past I've always tied a strong enough rope around my son with a fixed knot (not a slip knot) and literally tied him into the tree. I'd climb into the stand first, then I'd have him climb up while I kept a tiny bit of pressure on the rope in case he fell. Once he was in the stand, I'd tie him in so that he only had enough rope to stand up. Of course this would be a terrible idea if you weren't righ there with him (if he fell and hung by the rope he might not be able to get back into the stand and he could suffocate). However, I'd never, ever leave him up there by himself so I could just pull him up if he fell (thankfully hasn't happened).

This year I bought him a Hunters Safety System Lil' Treestalker safety vest. It's just like the vest I wear, exept it's smaller (rated for 50 to 120 lbs). He hasn't used it yet, but I think it'll be good. Good luck and good for you for getting your daughter out there!!!

P.S. Give her a camera and let her get some shooting herself!