• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Awesome decoy Jason!

MJ1657

I just got home and got to see the sunfish decoy Jason made me for the first time. It's truly a work of art. The copper fins are my favorite part.

I can see there was alot of time spent on this and I really appreciate it.

The big question is are you going to use it or put it on the shelf? They always look better with a few teeth marks. shocked

It looks good on my shelf right now but it will defenitely be in the water this winter. The fins on the side are very long but are extremely rigid.

It would take a big girl to bend them and i'm hoping it will bring one in!!

I'm glad you like it, I've only let a few decoys get out of my box. The fins were hard wall pipe and then anvil hammered, copper softens if heated and place in water bath and hardens when hammered, the oppisite of steel. After the final swim test and fin bending, I put some thinner on the fins and some more clear to make sure the clear would not come loose later from the bending. I hope to see picture when the big one comes in this winter. Thanks again MJ. smile

If you do end up on the road this winter and back in my neck of the woods let me know there's always room in the darkhouse.

I probably did.

You better come to the Winnie GTG in December Jason. _

I'd love too, but thats the weekend after our rifle season here and before muzzle loading season and I have time off for both. The wife would change the locks if I left for a long weekend, that time of year, its close about that time every year anyway, but that would put her over the edge and I don't want to have to buy the jewelry it would take to calm her down. laugh

Oh it would be worth it

I keep saying I need to find more time to hunt and fish. I guess that would free up alot of time. I don't think she will fall for the old were going on vacation for you and the girls early Chirstmas present.

I almost forgot that Dec 6th is my youngest girls birthday, it would be a hard sell but I'll work on her she looks like she could use a vacation. whistle

Bring the kid with I'll have one with me and it's a girl. You could also bring some decoys and say it's a business trip.

It's looking like were getting all of your problems solved. grin

I'll try, it could happen, I went to MTU and we could stop and see some friend in Houghton on the way. If I can get the time off the decoy idea might work. Thanks for the ideas. smirk