• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How big is this bear and what age do you guess?

Shared these photos with Boar and he thought it would be fun to guess the weight and maybe age of this bear. I just know it is huge. The drum is 55 gallons. See it every year between a few different baits, only 1 or 2 times a season in daylight hours.

MDGC0081-Copy.jpg

MDGC0103-Copy.jpg

I call him woody, a big tick with legs. I played it safe an said WELL over 500 lbs. Wat i like to think about is the rush one will get when tickzilla enters the bait site. Can one even come to the realization that he should try an shoot it or just look in awe, mouth wide open as dribble splashes on his camo jerking him back to reallity, but then its to late an he turns to leave an waddles outa site swallowed up by the Ontario bush. Just kinda how i've played out in my mind grin

Don't know much about bears but he sure looks like that HUGE fat one that guy shot last year or the year before that was in some paper. I think that was over 700, seems like 830 or something just stupid. I gotta believe he's over 6 bills. I can't believe how FAT he is.

I'm certainly no expert, but I'd have to assume this isn't a "he" but rather a "she"? Looks to me like she's carried many litters of cubs over the years, but I could be wrong...

I'd wager between 650-700 lbs. The gutpile alone would be as big as the 55 gallon barrel!

Well ... a 55 gal drum is 35" tall and 23" in diameter.

That helps.

So ... and it's tough to judge .... but

he appears to be, atmost, 6 feet long, maybe less.

I'll say a solid 5 bills and some change.

No way over 600, not long enough, yet.

If you can get a measurement of the width of its front paw print

you can "guesstimate" length and weight.

WOW Huge

Here's the one I gave a hair cut a couple years back with my bow.This pick was about 5 min's before I sent my arrow when he gave me a good shot. He looked like a VW beetle in the bait and yours is bigger. A great bear and I hope you or one of your hunters can tag it. You know their huge when their belly almost drags the ground.

full-28877-23798-bear.jpg