• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Cast

Scudly

Walking down from the bridge with Trout Patzer with beers in hand it was still bright out and in no big hurry. Just upstream was a jungle section that I usually avoid however thought to give "untouched" water a try. Peeking through the tall grass we saw a run spill to a curve on the right with a nice undercut. It looks at least waist deep. I had a hook and split tied and Trout Patzer had a #9. We sipped our beer and thought about it. Looks like a better worm spot. First cast in as I drift I slowly reel up slack and feel some twitches and some line sift and I swept the rod back and felt the weight. I stayed on the bank for a while. Drag set pretty light it seemed like an average fish. I thought small. After a good minute I finally raised the fish and TP said it looked like an 18. It was starting to do some strong runs and pulled deep enough in the cut bank at a standstill so I waded in after him. My arm out front of me blindly following my line I tickled his belly and got him to scoot out of his hidey hole. A few more loops around the pool and into my big net. 23 on the nut. Bigger than both of us thought!

6d1a167f.jpg

e4a017e2.jpg