• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is Hevi Metal pheasant load worth the $$??

I have been reading good reviews from the Hevi Metal pheasant load, but is the stuff worth $25 a box? I would like to try it out, but would also like to hear some reviews from people on here that have used it. And if I am better off spending a lot less on shells, what is a good recommendation for steel shot? We hunt a WPA a lot that is steel only, so I would like to use steel all the time so I dont have to switch back and forth. Thanks

I am a huge fan of Hevi-Metal for waterfowl hunting. It patterns very well for my gun, and the knock down power is impressive, especially when the birds start to bulk up later in the season. I haven't done much pheasant hunting but I too will be switching to steel only loads for upland game hunting as well.

I use BB steel for later season roosters, typically just the cheap winchester expert. You can reach out and touch a bird a long ways. Just make sure you give it a couple of seconds if shooting over a pointer so you have something left to eat.