• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Trail Cam

Pretty sad isn't it! Knock on wood it still hasn't happened to me, but I can only imagine one of these days....

I have had critters knock them down and drag them off on me. And ive plain forgeten what tree i put it on! Are you "loosing it" a little too maybe??? wink

Not much fun... Had the owner of the horse stables in Bunker Hills steal my stand when I was out to lunch... Horse tracks going to my stand and all was left was a big rock and my smashed lock... Some real classy people out there in the world kinda thought thats why I liked hunting so I could get away from the nut jobs frown

Sorry to hear- it really sucks.

Mine was stolen in December off private land. Losing the camera is frusterating, but the biggest loss is the Chip if you have good pics.

For the future, make sure to always write down the serial number and watch hsolist. There is a decent chance you could find someone selling it online.

One thing I did different with my new cam this fall; I put a flat piece of steel flashing that fit within the back of the camera ( instead of using the strap they give you) I wrapped the flashing around the tree and Screwed it to the tree using 4- 5" Hex head screws. ( try to use something different than a Phillips head to deter the SHH-heads) I also hid the Camera deeper inside the woods and used some bark and leaves to "camo" it in. Make sure any objects you use to hide the camera dont affect the motion triggering.

Also, I have heard of some people setting up 2 cameras,(one higher up in the tree angled down at the other camera) Just make sure the lower camera is locked up or bolted to the tree.

Good luck.

That's a really good idea in going to have to do that will defenetly make it harder especially of they bring a bolt cutter they shouldn't be able to cut it very easily because the trees in the way

You guys should check out the lock boxes from Cam Lock Box. I got one for my bushnel trophy cam. I took my makita litium ion and put 4 3-1/2" lag bolts into the tree and locked the box up. It is gonna be a real pain for anyone to steal it. The only thing I wish there was a hole for a bigger lock.

Of course they could still smash it if they wanted to. We have had one theft and one vandalism both on private property.