• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New String

slabz

I recently had a new string put on my bow. My old string was totally silent when I fired it and I just got done firing my new one and it has a distinctly louder "twang". Is this normal for new strings? Thanks!

I noticed the same thing when I replaced my string/cables recently. Also wondering if anyone has any insight. I was long overdue for a string change, and this is the first time I have changed them on this bow. I thought my timing may have been off so I spent a considerable amount of time in and out of the press making minor adjustments to my cables. My cams are perfectly synced and timed and I can't get it to quiet down. I guess I'll just chalk it up to the new string/cables and hope the sound quiets after a few hundred shots.

Your bows probobly shooting a little bit faster because you have a tighter string so Im guessing once it stretches out that should go away but what it could also be is you had plastic silencers on it an you didant have them put new ones on

Yeah that is very possible I had some string leeches on my old one, thanks for the insight everyone!! I really appreciate it!

Your bows probobly shooting a little bit faster because you have a tighter string so Im guessing once it stretches out that should go away but what it could also be is you had plastic silencers on it an you didant have them put new ones on