• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone into picking boletes? I found hundreds of these guys, and I believe they are butter boletes. There were some scaber stalks mixed about with them, but it was almost all these yellow buggers that look delicious. Anyone have any input, or experience with butters? I've only eaten kings and queens...

picture3584.jpg

Thats pretty cool Matt! Sure looks like one to me....granted i had never heard of them till now and the only one I have ever seen was just a few minutes ago on the internet smile My rule of thumb is "when in doubt, feed them to your boss first".....oh wait, you are your own boss wink

I am going to go back tonight and pick a bunch. Hoping to here back from a mycologist by the end of the day...

As for me being my own boss... that is never true. My wife owns me at home, and I have a real boss at my career job. I think he's a good candidate... wink

..... anything that needs a spore print is in the "keep on looking for something I know category"......probably should join your "mushroom geek" club though...pretty cool to come up with something like that wink Went out to one of my frisbee golf courses smile to look for a hen for you tonight....nothing. If you can't find any, have heard of a "hen gone wild spot" that I could probably get you into.....guess it is guaranteed but a lot like shooting a trophy buck in fence. You will just have start planting more oaks up there, in 80 years or so they should be prime.....

grin Will have to figure out something for next year! If you can find fish as good as shrooms might have to donate to the Breuer Jr. college fund this winter. Congrats on being one of the boys in blue, by the way.....soooo whats the best time to book? Bullheads, carp, rockies....I have ADD and easy to please....as long as there is action. Ok, check that, will be bringing the pops, and he is from the meat hog generation..... just few of something to clean as well wink

Now I have to go find a hen this week to get something he can't find... grin

Better hurry up! Just read a 3 day old email and sounds like the brew crew has one lined up and will be rubbing it in VERY soon......I cry foul.... guess he had his 96 year old brothers mother in law who has asthma and needs a walker slug it out 5 miles in mosquito infested gullied woods to find one for him just so he could be the first.....ok, thats not all entirely true smile