• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Back To Back Casts

Driftless

photo experts on 3 different forums can't be wrong. Same fish. Anyone pull EXEF data?

I'm fine with spots on the trout, okay- I'll give the guy benefit of the doubt. but when you look at the treebranch in the background, coupled with his fingers, leads me to the suspicion that he shot, then the fish either flopped or he rolled the fish for a better angle. Either way, the treebranch in the background just above the fish's head indicates a subtle movement. One that could not be replicated in future shots or fish catches because the tree position would be extreme. If you caught a fish, you would physically move to catch and position the fish for photo, the background would be different.

I would not be lifting a 16" brook trout out of the water by the line. I would be playing light and getting my net ready. Any 16" or larger brook trout I catch is going on my wall.

Don't really care if this is the same fish or not but believe metadata could answer the question as mentioned. Even the time stamp alone might answer. If the photos one minute a part or less, likely the same fish.

Len, as far as i'm concerned you caught the two trout back to back. i have done so a few times. it's not that hard in a wild environment. i take your word for it and thank you for the pics. i dont see the need for people to critisize fish that people catch. you spend a lot of time on the water for trout and i wish you many more years to do the same. good luck.

This my take on the situation also. The rest of you can carry on with the nonsense.

The 2 biggest walleye I've ever caught came back to back.

My wife caught 3 LMB, all over 6ibs, on 3 consecutive casts,

with 3 different rods !

She always hands the whole thing to me and just grabs another rod. laugh

Boom, boom, boom.

These things happen boys.

30 inches of brookie on 2 casts ?

I believe it.

I once caught a 14lb northern in a concrete culvert under a road.

It jumped, hit its head and was knocked out !!!

True story.

Me, nor are any of the others saying this cannot happen.. the fact was pointed out by me and showing with blown up images by Dtro that they are the SAME fish.. Does no one understand how the markings on fish differ from fish to fish.. identical markings on two fish.. not conceivable... When even your buddy "Scudly" won't even come in this thread to back you up.. You know you're 110% wrong.. it's alright to let the stream of tears flow Len.. Not everyone is right all the time

Len, as far as i'm concerned you caught the two trout back to back. i have done so a few times. it's not that hard in a wild environment. i take your word for it and thank you for the pics. i dont see the need for people to critisize fish that people catch. you spend a lot of time on the water for trout and i wish you many more years to do the same. good luck.