• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spearing out of a portable?

tjbassmaster

I am thinking of getting into spearing this winter. Wondering if anyone has any experience spearing out of a flip over house or something like a clam 5600? I have never speared before so I have no idea if those would be big enough? Also whether or not they would let in to much light? Any info or tips would be appreciated!

Like Gordie Said all I use is my Frabill 2 man flip over and it works great. I don't need much room so I cut a big hole and put some rubberized matting around the hole too keep the light from coming through the ice and help from slipping. What color is the fabric on your house?

The only draw back of spearing out of a portable is,If you find a good place to spear on and are seeing a lot of fish someone will probley be on your hole when you come back. It happens a lot.

I have a Clam X2 and lined the ceiling and back wall with left over Landscaping fabric/plastic. I cut out around the velcro so it stays in place. Perfect trying remote and new lakes. Don't want to fall asleep though and end up doing a Greg Lugainer. (sp?)