• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vegtable chopper

My husband started making salsa today and he says the tomato chopper he has been using for 20+ years has had it. Blades just are not sharp anymore. It is one of those cheap jobbers that we got at from a fair vendor. The vendor made great salsa with it and so did my husband. The past few years my husband has went into mass production with making salsa from all the tomatoes he plants. So, we are in the market for some type of new chopper. I think he is thinking electric this time instead of the hand cranker. What brand and model do you all recomend? It will see alot of tomatoes, peppers and onions. Only need them chopped,not pureed. Thanks in advance.

Mama Norts

This might be worth a look: the Ninja Pro. I know, I know... It's an infomercial deal. But, my wife (after having utter disdain with our current cheapo blender, food processor, and small chopper) picked a set up at Kohls for less than $45 out the door. It has a 450 watt motor, 3 chopping/blending receptacles, each with their own blade system, and lids for all. She has made smoothies with it a number of times, and it handles ice without a problem. You might have to be on the ball with the chopping, but it has one speed with a pulse switch. I have used it and it seems like a pretty decent setup, but I have not put it through its paces yet.