• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cordless Drill

amateurfishing

Agreed with what was said about the Makita! I've had the privilege of using the exact set you bought for the last month or two and it is extremely hard going back to my 18 volt Dewalts. About half the weight and I love the way they have the LED headlight setup because it stays on for about ten seconds instead of turning off immediately. Battery life is about the same as the Dewalt but there is about double the speed in the impact driver. I do prefer the Dewalt drill over the Makita just because I'm able to use a 2 3/4 inch Speedbore bit in it, the Makita just doesn't have enough torque.

better be hanging on! Those are arm busters!

I bought the same combo last Black Friday -- in the middle of my baseent project (when the Dewalt died). It's been a great combo -- though I use the impact drill much more than the other. Absolutely works great -- and with the lights on them - they work well in dark spaces. Charger is fast (15 minutes?)...perfect for everything I've needed it for.

PF I was going to mention the Rigid earlier because the lifetime warranty on their batts is the best out there. I got the 5 tool combo kit about 5 years ago and besides the sawzall all have been great.I think the tools might have the lifetime warranty also if in not mistaken.

But IMO the OP did good with the makita, If i needed a nice little and light cordless drill I'd buy one also.

Almost.

Ridgid has a 3 year warranty and a lifetime service agreement. Not sure exactly what that means, but its better than nothing. But you do have to register the product within 90 days to get it.

Overall I've been very happy with all the ridgid tools I've purchased. It's pretty much my go to brand for any items which they make.

You will need to ship it to their shop or hand deliver. You will not have it for 4 or more weeks. It is not a free replacement at the store.

Sort of worthless benefit if the unit goes down when you need it.

yes and no... at least you get a working tool back out of the deal. On a rigid palm nailer i bought it had an issue, sent it in, they fixed it sent it back, and it has been used a lot since then with no troubles... So yes, in a heat of the moment situation, I would have had to buy another one, but at least I would have gotten a working tool back out of the situation.