• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sturgeon Bay ?

bassfshin24

So me, the wife, and her family were talking about vacations for next summer and it sounded like they wanted to go to Door County. Her family loves it out there. I wasnt all that excited because I wanted to do a Boundary water trip for some smallies. Anyway, little did I know that Sturgeon Bay is located in Door County and man did I get excited haha. I was just wondering how the smallie fishing is on Sturgeon toward the end of June? Are they still up shallow or are they moving to deep water structure? What are some good places to camp or stay around sturgeon bay. Any info would be great.

Both. That water never really warms up, so you will be able to catch them shallow. You may have to get out of the bays, but you will be able to find them shallow. Quite a few will have moved deeper as well.

There are a bunch of resorts in the bay itself, but I would get away from the traffic and go a little north to either ephram or sister bay. Less traffic, more shhopping for women and just as good if not better fishing.

Any of the bays have smallies, as its the only protection for them. Ephram is a very good bay as are the ones down south (little sturgeon, rileys, sand) I think little sturgeon has the most protection from lake since its the only one that isnt just a half circle, but there are a lot of islands up north too. Its going to depend on the wind. If you have a hard wind out of the northwest, dont forget about the east side of the main peninsula which will be protected.

We got up there almost every 4th, have family that lives on the water, be very very careful and be aware where you drive almost lost the prop out there had a gravel bar jump up on us and there are a number of other rock piles out there