• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vexilar battery/charger?

slick2526

Question

I just picked up a used vex that didn't come with a battery or charger. I was looking at the vex site and it seems the 12v9a battery is standard. I can get away with a battery that is less amps like a 7.5 or 8 or should I try to stick with a 9 amp. Also will any 12 volt charger that has alligator clips work of the battery or should I buy a specific brand of charger? I seen one that was a 12v9a charger for 40 bucks before shipping. Seems a little spend when I can get two 12v9a batteries and a charger off hsolist for 44 bucks. Also do I need to get a battery charge indicator light or can I just guess my battery charge time?

2 answers to this question

you will get more time out of a 9ah than a 7ah. only difference.

any 12 volt charger will work... umm well I wouldn't use the one I use for my boat's deep cycle. What I'm saying is don't spend double for a vexilar logo on the same piece of cheap chinese carp. wink

I would fork over the dough for a "smart" charger though, the kind that knows not to overcharge. I'm guessing most if not all of them have that circuitry built in.

If you were closer to the Minnesota Twin Cities I'd suggest going to one of the Axe Man stores and rooting around in their power supply section. I've come away with a couple nice low current dual stage automatic chargers for sealed batteries.

Also picked up a couple inexpensive surplus 1A dual stage automatic chargers from AllElectronics a while back but looks like those are all gone.