• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Element

I noticed a couple weeks ago that the element in my masterbuilt was not burning the wood even and lower temps the one side would not burn. So I ordered a new one and put it in today. 28 bucks and not to hard to replace. :>)

I thought I also had a element out or at least not getting up to temp like it should.

The last couple times I smoked chicken, instead of using just a drip pan, I put tin foil over the racks and poked a few holes in each piece. Mistake.

Well, the smoker had a hard time getting up to temp amd I thought the element was bad. Called the company and they were more than happy to send out a warrantied one.

While I was waiting for my new one to arrive, I thought I wonder how much the tin foil restricted the movement of air in the smoker. I fired it back up with no tin foil and all was like new.

My bad for trying to do something to lessen the clean up after smoking chicken and the grease from it.

I also every other smoking wipe the burner off with a damp cloth as they suggest to do that with my smoker as I believe the grease on the element can effect it's performance.