• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Video Editing Software

UMC

I recently got an Ikam and would like to have a program where I can edit the videos. Basically all I want to be able to do is cut out pieces, like for example if I'm duck hunting and there's a couple minutes of a video where nothing happens. If you have any suggestions for software, either free or cheap, that would work well for this, I'd love to know. Thanks

If you are running windows XP, then microsoft movie maker came with that package. It is a simple video editing tool.

If you are running windows 7 I believe it is part of the "Live" download bundle you can download from microsoft.

Although Win 7 Live Essentials Window Movie Maker is pretty feature packed the last I checked, if you want free open source options here a few to choose from:

Open source software

Non-linear video editing software

Avidemux (cross-platform)

AviSynth (Windows)

Blender VSE (cross-platform)

Cinelerra (Linux)

Lumiera (Linux)

Flowblade (Linux)

Ingex (Linux)

Jahshaka formerly known as CineFX (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)

Kdenlive (Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD)

Kino (Linux)

LiVES (BSD, IRIX, Linux, Solaris)

Open Movie Editor

OpenShot Video Editor (Linux)

PiTiVi (Linux)

VideoLan Movie Creator (VLMC) (cross-platform)

Video encoding and conversion tools

FFmpeg

HandBrake

Ingex (GNU/Linux)

MEncoder

Nandub

ppmtompeg MPEG-1 encoder, part of netpbm package.

Thoggen (GNU/Linux)

VirtualDub (Windows)

VirtualDubMod (Windows) (based on VirtualDub, but with additional input/output formats)

VLC Media Player (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux)

WinFF GUI Video Converter (Linux, Windows)

Freeware (free proprietary software)

Non-linear video editing software

Lightworks (Windows)

Video encoding and conversion tools

FormatFactory (Windows)

Ingest Machine DV (Windows)

MediaCoder

MPEG Streamclip (Windows, Mac OS X)

SUPER (Windows) Frontend for ffmpeg, Mencoder and a few other encoders. Contains DirectShow optimizations as well.

ZConvert (Windows)

TMPGEnc Commercial Version (Windows)

Windows Media Encoder (Windows)

XMedia Recode

I have the same issue as the OP. I am not a genius (never claimed to be neither) but I want a video editing software where SIMPLY you can cut off sections of video that I don't need.

I have a GoPro video of a trout taking a lure at 40ft underwater. It's 37 minutes long, and the action is only 17 seconds long.

I tried Live Movie Maker, GoPro software, Cyberlink, and Pinnacle. None of them does what I need.

If you are running windows XP, then microsoft movie maker came with that package. It is a simple video editing tool.

If you are running windows 7 I believe it is part of the "Live" download bundle you can download from microsoft.

This is what I use.

I have the same issue as the OP. I am not a genius (never claimed to be neither) but I want a video editing software where SIMPLY you can cut off sections of video that I don't need.

I have a GoPro video of a trout taking a lure at 40ft underwater. It's 37 minutes long, and the action is only 17 seconds long.

I tried Live Movie Maker, GoPro software, Cyberlink, and Pinnacle. None of them does what I need.

If you have pinnacle, then that should be the cats meow.

You change the setting so it breaks the video up into 10-20 second segments. Then you drag the few segments you need into the bottom editing area and process. It "Should" save you lots of time because it doesn't render the entire 37 minutes of video, only the 20-40 seconds you put in your movie.