• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leave in a month!

Scoot

Scoot just to get you a little more excited I talked with my buddy in Mt today and the bulls are on fire screaming most of the day. Also check your area for any fires the bitteroot valley is in trouble and they are evacuating towns like Hamilton. I hope they can control it. It just got into the foot hills and 10 miles from my friends house.

Yes, there are a ton of areas that are super dry. I sure hope we can get through the season without any major problems. Forest fires obviously are really bad. Forest fires that give hunters a bad name are even worse.

Yes, I'm excited! I've packed and repacked my pack close to ten times. I've thought through all of my breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners over and over again- that's a biggie with bivy hunting. I tapered back a bit on my workouts over the past week- partially due to being busy as heck at home and work and partially due to trying to save my feet as much as I can (I'll post a pic from a buddy who just got done with a similar hunt- his feet didn't fare so well). Yesterday was my last workout- I only lifted, ran a mile, and biked for 20 minutes-- just a little workout because I thought it'd be good for me. I'll probably go for a bike ride tomorrow or maybe Thurs. I leave Fri morning at 4:00.

I've been digging into the numbers a bit- over the past decade unguided archery hunters who hunt public land in MT tag out between 4% and 7% of the time. Wow! I knew the numbers wouldn't be good, but I had no idea it was that low. I know our odds will be higher given how far we're packing in and how hard we'll hunt, but still... Regardless, we'll have a dang fun time and we'll work hard doing it. The good news is that if we fill any one of our tags we're WAY ahead of the odds!

Yes, definitely pumped and can't wait to get out there!