• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tom Barnard Podcast Coming

candiru

Stretch retired from the morning show but still does announcing out at Canterbury, and is scheduled to be on the TommyB Podcast next week.

And nobody but the people involved truly know what happened with Bryce. He suddenly disappeared, with absolutely no activity on his Facebook page for months, when before that he was on there posting random stuff and large chested women almost daily, then all of a sudden shows back up on his Facebook page saying he's moved to Austin(I believe) to take care of his mother with Alzheimer's. Some are thinking he relapsed, because shortly after Tommy B said on the air, "someone got sent off to the nut house" but never called anybody by name, and apparently (I don't know how the person got this information so take it for what it's worth) he foreclosed on his house and lost his car shortly before he left the show. Hopefully he's just being a good son and putting his mother first. But the show is nowhere as good without him, Justin and his forced laugh is just plain HORRIBLE. Too bad there are no other morning shows worth listening to around here. frown

So, what do you guys think so far? I've Podcasted the first five shows and have mixed feelings.

I like that Tommy seems more relaxed, and it's nice to not hear him yelling and picking on everyone like he does on the radio.

I don't think I've so much as snickered at anything any member of his family has done or said yet though.

I like that they can spend 45 minutes with someone, engaging in a nice conversation, but it still seems to be all about Tom. He seems to talk more about himself (the same stuff we've heard for 20+ years) than really getting in-depth with any of the guests.

Case in point: He had KP Anderson in studio. He's great and could have gone on for hours about his experience as a comic, The Daily Show insights etc. He also had Joe Anderson (his brother) from ESPN on, as well as Frank Vassellero from WCCO in studio with him. Could have been great, but Tom kept bringing it back to himself and the show went all over the place. I really thought it was a lost opportunity.

Hopefully they're working out the kinks and it gets better. Otherwise, I'll stop subscribing...too many good things out there to choose from.

Tom talking about himself? Noooooooooo.......

Frankly, I think the "TB morning show", I mean KQ morning show might be bit better with less Tom and with more Dave Mordahl. I can't stand how Tom-centric the show is and how he treats his staff, and I think most of the LOL moments are from Dave and the rest of staff. I know it is part of his schtick/act but I haven't liked him for most of a decade. That being said, I still tune in occasionally...