• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Double check your equipment!!!

BLACKJACK

Was shooting my bow this weekend and TWANG everything fell apart in my hand, broke my carbon arrow in three pieces, never did find the part with the field point in it, luckily nothing hit me. My fast flight string had broken... I thought I had looked things over but obviously not close enough!!! In hindsight I should have replaced the string long ago but....

Luckily it happened now and not the first week of November!!

Check out your equipment!!!

I'm back in business, took my bow to a local archery shop on Sat and he had it ready for me Monday, said all the limbs were fine, everything else was ok, he had the new string on, shot it a few times, I'm good to go. Bad part was that I wasn't able to go thru the local 3D shoot. Oh well, at least my bow is back and I wasn't hurt. Life is good!!

I just ordered a new set of Vapor Trail string/cables. I have been putting it off, but ended up cutting my string on a hunt in South Dakota last year so I found a shop to make a string in Rapid City. After reading this I decided the cables aren't going to last long either and I don't want to risk it. Now I will have a new matching set of flourescent green and black string and cables. Should look pretty cool.

+1 2 years in a row I had malfunctions just before bear season. The first was a few days before season and I was shooting targets when I went too pick up my bow off the truck hood I noticed the bottom limb was delaminating and coming apart. The second one was totally my fault I was shooting in the afternoon before going to the bear stand and my groups were getting bigger and inconsistent, I chalked it up to getting tired from a couple hours of shooting and went to the stand. I had the biggest bear I have ever seen come into the bait at 18 yards and I got the perfect quartering away shot when he went too leave at 20 yards and watch the lumiknock fly low grazing the off side leg and couldn't figure out what happened. It took me a while to figure it out but I was shooting a trophy ridge drop zone rest and the bushing had wore out on the rest so it would not sit in the same place every shot.

I once left my arm guard on the upper limb and didn't notice it until I had a big doe 10 yards away and when coming to full draw the arm guard slid right down in front of the site pins and I couldn't even see the doe, so I let the string back only to have the doe run baack into the woods snorting for a half hour! DOH!