• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help Planning an Ontario Trip

MNBIGBEAR

I am looking for suggestions for a trip to Ontario next year sometime. I am interested in camping but would be open to a cabin if it is reasonably priced. Would like a place that gives a good shot at trophy musky and walleye. Thanks for any advice.

Lake of the Woods. Mylie's Place and Red Wing Lodge are both drive to resorts in Morson with campgrounds. Very good musky and walleye fishing here. Another cheap option on Lake of the Woods is going to the Northwest Angle. You would be staying in MN and paying MN gas prices but driving just a couple miles by boat into Ontario to fish each day. Very good walleye and musky fishing here as well. Check out Young's Bay Resort. I doubt there is a cheaper option on all of Lake of the Woods.

Was up on Eagle Lake last week all week. Musky fishing was good. Walleyes were slower than average this year. The walleyes are not trophies on the lake. Over the past 8 years weve been going there the biggest we have caught was about 26-27 inches. We have caught multiple 26s and one 27 but there are a lot of 22-24 inchers that are fun to catch. The walleye bite is normally good. We never fish to hard, normally a couple 3-4 hours in the AM and another 3-4 hours in the evening. Musky fishing is pretty good. Always see a lot. Word on the lake is there is a big one out there. Like scary big. We fished the area where it was supposedly seen multiple times but never saw the big guy. I caught 2 48 inchers within a half an hour of each other. That was fun. we caught 6 muskies all week ranging from 40-48. Probably fished muskies for 20-25 hours.

been going to Clear water /pipestone chain several years ..amazing musky waters. Little Moose lodge..reasonable prices. Portage your boat (25.00) and spend the day in pipestone ..musky heaven. My 50 came from there two years ago. The Clearwater lake is no slouch either and is easy to fish.