• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've known duck hunters to set up camp in an obscure corner of a WMA after dark and take it down pre-dawn. Not sure that it is legal...but they didn't have any trouble that I heard of

You might have good success asking nearby farmers/landowners if you could pop up a tent for a couple days. Many folks are happy to oblige

Some places you can and some you cabn't I would email the DNR and ask them their is contact info on their site. It takes about a day or two and they will get back to you I have asked them many questions and they are very helpful.

4. Camping. In general, camping will not be allowed on a wildlife management area. However,

primitive camping may be allowed by permit or in designated overnight use areas at designated

times when:

a. There is a demonstrated need for camping

b. The unit is located in a remote area where there is an inadequate supply of overnight

facilities for wildlife management area users

c. It does not unduly adversely impact the area's resources or interfere with management

activities, and

d. It is consistent with the area's management plan or, in the absence of a management plan,

when the permission of the manager is obtained.

Probably tough to get a permit, but a call to the area wildlife manager or CO might be worth a try.