• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nishioka, geez,

DonBo

In this his fourth game, he's got 3 errors, should have had two more today (so far) that were not called that have led to 4 unearned runs. He's also 0 for 11 at the plate.

I know we paid a lot of money for this guy, but how many more games can we afford to lose because of this stiff?

Agreed. I was stunned they brought him back at all (c'mon, a lemon is a lemon! His numbers stunk in AAA!). Then when they DO bring him back, he continues or even compounds his previous poor play and may have cost us the game today. I say cut your losses and move on. He is never going to be a major leaguer. He just doesn't have the stuff, and that's the way it is.

The worst player I've ever seen in the major leagues.

Totally lost. Clueless in the field.

He still can't get in position for a cutoff.

Today was absolutely brutal .... again.

What did he cost us ? 14 million ?

Write it off and let him go.

Let's hope the Twins are just giving him one more shot to try and prove he belongs in the big leagues. Face it, the Twins have nothing to lose in 2012. If he costs us a game or two now it's not going to have an impact on the pennant race. Some guys just implode on the big stage and so far he is one of them!

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Twins have outrighted right-hander Nick Blackburn and infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka, taking both off the 40-man roster on Monday, Aug. 20. Both players are still in the team's system but have been through and cleared waivers.

Both will play at Triple-A Rochester.

Blackburn, 30, has been a pitching rotation mainstay since 2009 and signed a four-year, $14 million extension before the 2010 season that will pay him $5.5 million in 2013. Nishioka, 28, signed a three-year, $9.25 million contract in November 2010 after winning the Japan League batting title.

The Twins now have 38 players on the 40-man roster and said they will make a corresponding move to add a player to the active roster on Tuesday. That they cleared space on the 40-man seems to indicate it will be a player who has yet to play for Minnesota, such as right-handed pitcher Esmerling Vasquez.

Team officials were not immediately available for comment.

Last year we blamed Nishi a bit for our poor season, we're no better this year without him. He is the most fortunate millionaire. Maybe it's his chain smoking marlboro's that has set him back ? I don't think we'd allow him to be bat boy at this point.