• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

muskie reels....

In the market for a new twitch bait reel...Want something that fits nicely in the palm, was thinking the Currado without the crank handle. I noticed a lot of you liked this reel but does it work well for twitch baits?

Yes it works. You can even get one of the EJ's and get the paddle handle...

As for an all around reel go with the 400D I have burned #10 blades, ripped 10" jakes, and thrown pounders.. Its a good reel and I can palm it.

I have a 2 year old Revo Toro 61 and a 3 year old 7001 ci. THEY ARE BOTH ABSOLUTE LEMONS.... or abu garcia just can't keep up with the demands of 1 lb and 2 lb musky lures and braided line.

I'll tell you what, as far as the reel repair business goes, musky reels+ braided line+heavy lures= a miracle for repairmen. My advice would be to stay away from abu garcia musky reels, even if its burns a hole in your back pocket, they are not worth the money; they break.

Abu's revo bass line up is pretty solid, I've had a stx hs for like 4 years now without one single problem. But heavy lures, premature stopping of the bait and backlashes kill abu's musky reels. I guess in theory one single backlash or premature stop can break and entire sideplate on any shimano, penn, abu or whatever reel.

I would go with the Curado 300 Ej as others have stated above.

It seems to me that all the 6600 Abu's are disposable junk. Use once and dispose of properly. But I have a 7000 that I've had for about 4 years and I haven't had any problems with it. I don't use it all the time, but it's been dependable for me. I have one Revo that I use quite a bit. I've had it 3 years and it's been in for repairs once.