• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Adding an I-Pilot?

lawman

Question

7 answers to this question

I installed the iPilot on my Terrova and it couldn't have been easier. Just take off the four screws and pop the stock cover off. Unhook one wire and pop-in the iPilot wire and replace with the new iPilot cover. I can't tell you that it would be the same with the Power Drive, but I can't imagine it would be much more difficult.

As for the foot pedal...I haven't used the foot pedal once since I got the iPilot. I put the hand-held on the lanyard and carry it around my neck. Gives you the freedom to move around the boat and have all the controls at your fingertips. It's all personal preference, but I love the hand held.

Enjoy - It's a great tool to have on your boat.

depending on how you plan to use the I-pilot you might want to hold off and get the new I-Pilot Link instead of just the I-pilot. even if you wouldn't use all the features of I-pilot link atleast you would have it to use at a later time. Currently I have just the original I-pilot on my power drive and will probably be upgrading to I-pilot Link in the spring then I will put my regular I pilot up for sale at that time.

What is the I-pilot link???

it was just introduced at I cast. go to minnekota's & humminbird's websites for details.

it basically connects your minnekota trolling motor to your Humminbird fish finder(you need to have a ether net capable humminbird unit for it to work). one of the features is the ability to follow contours. another noticeable improvement is that it lets you store 200+ spot lock locations in your fish finder. it also allows you to run the trolling motor from the remote or a screen on your fish finder. the only draw back is the $799.99 price tag verses $399.99 for the regular I-pilot.