• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AP in 2012

SkunkedAgain

How much do you really think AP will contribute this season.

Negatives:

-He's coming back from a knee injury

-He hasn't practiced yet

-He is facing a court date sometime this season

Positives:

-Still has lots of life left in his legs

-Has a new best friend blocking for him in Matt Kalil

-Is probably still explosive and fast

To me the signs point towards a down year. He'll still be better than most but I'm cautious about expecting too much from the guy. Running backs that miss camp tend to get other injuries too. A lot of the Vikings' games will weigh heavily on AP's output.

What do you think? I'll even consider opinions from some of you purple koolaid drinkers that predict a divisional championship each season!

I dont think he has his career best season by any means just because of what hes coming back from. If I were running the vikes i dont think id give him more then 5 carries the first couple weeks because with or without him the vikes arent going anywhere this year anyway.

But, the guy is a freak.... Youve all seen the videos of him jumping on boxes and sprinting with a coach tied to his waist. When I watched him blow out his knee last year in a meaningless game in a loser season, i was furious and said he'll never be the same. I believe i was wrong..... I think as long as he doesnt come back too soon and blow his knee out again Ill go with at least 1000yds and 8-12 tds THIS year.

I have no doubt about how hard he will try to be the AP of yesterday but I fear he will try too hard and get injured again.

This ^^^

He is making plenty of money, so now is the time to be smart. Listen to the doctors and run straight ahead with the stiff arm for a while before the cuts that leave the Sam Shields' of the world in his dust.