• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have an a idea....

bak2MN

to build a fishhouse to put on my 4 place trlr. I plan on haveing it on skids. I am going to build it as light as possible. Here are my thoughts, full 2" studs to use 2 inch blue foam, then 1/4 inch plywood in the inside and outside, will this be sturdy enough? What should I use for the roof? what should I use for skids? I want to be able to pull with sled or atv if needed.

Not sure on the length it will be but it will be as wide as the trlr. the lenght will depend on how much room needed for sled and or 4 wheeler.

I plan on putting a couple bunks and a small cooktop in as well. Just want to make it real light to be able to load and unload easily.

Any thought or ideas would b appreciated.

Thanks

My trlr is not a tilt bed so I will have to make a couple ramps to load with, and also plan on putting a winch on the trlr also.

I'd recommend drawing it out so you can accurately calculate weight. It sounds like you may be thinking of around an 8x12-8x14 range, which will get quite heavy to load and unload. I had an 8x12 for a year and it was a total hassle to move and load and unload from a snowmobile trailer.

There is a thread about the build of an 8x8 house that disassembles into 4x8 panels that fit onto an 8x8 alum. trailer. It was something like "MooseHunter's Green Fishhouse." The floor was 2x4 constuction, and the walls and ceiling were 2x2 with 1 1/2" insulation. It was pretty slick and looked easy to assemble on the lake with simple hardware and a ratchet. I wouldn't call it "portable", but one could put it up in one spot in the morning and take it home at night pretty easily.

FM-CompleteHouse.jpg

Here is the only link I could find, there was another with more pictures, but they wouldn't display.

MooseHunter's Green House

Not looking to disasemble and assemble on the lake I think that would be a pain with ice and snow build up. I mainly plan to use it as a place to slee would also be bringing portable with. Escpecially to LOW, Red, etc. Then use it on area lake in DL when not traveling north.

Well, he built it to be torn down, but you can always tweak it to be however you see fit. The simple and lightweight 2x2 and 2x4 construction would give you a good base camp that you could put out for a weekend without too much trouble. Loading a 2x4 and 2x6 built house onto a trailer with bunks and gear would be a pretty big job IMHO.

Well, he built it to be torn down, but you can always tweak it to be however you see fit. The simple and lightweight 2x2 and 2x4 construction would give you a good base camp that you could put out for a weekend without too much trouble. Loading a 2x4 and 2x6 built house onto a trailer with bunks and gear would be a pretty big job IMHO.

Modular was the idea with this house. I assembled it in my drive way on a 8 x 8 sled trailer and drove it to the lake. Pulled it out with my wheeler... And the rest... Is history.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to help if I can.

The mention of Soderbloom's aluma-lite would meet your goals and solve the problems presented. I have 4 place sled trailer ... thus no tilt ... and moving the aluma lite off is very easy. If the wood is dry on the trailer, then I just take a 2x6 and leverage lift it up onto roller carts. I push it myself with ease to the back and it goes right down a set of ATV ramps. To get it back on, you need some sort of winch system. I have parked my ATV on the front of the trailer and used that winch to pull it up ... but that would depend on the strength of your ATV winch.

Anything heavier and I just think you would hate the process of loading and unloading. Whatever you build, I would want to have a HMW plastic skin on the skis as it makes the up and down so much easier!

What do they weigh? Have had no time to start this process or even think to much more on it but will have time soon!

the paper I got from the ice show last year say the 6 X 10 is around 400Lbs. I don't know about the other models because they didn't list weights for those. they come in your choice of 4', 6', or 8' wide by 6', 8', 10', or 12' long. last year pricing ranged from $2349.00(4' X 6') to $4049.00 (8' X 12'). this was through Bebergs which is a dealer for the Aluma-lite houses. prices may have changed alittle so it would be best to call for current pricing.

I was the one that bought Moose Hunters fish house. Had plans of useing it on LOW but for now it is in my garage up north. Plan on useing it one of these days.Great design but lots of nuts and bolts to put it together but cordless drills make that pretty easy.

I looked hard at moose hunters setup but I dont want to put it together and take apart. I think it would be a pain. I will check out the alumalite houses. The internet service here at the motel at work sucks and dont let me search for nothing!!! mad

I have had the same thoughts of building a fish house on my 4 place. I am planning on building it like Moose Hunters with the intent of taking it apart only when I have to. The back wall will come apart more often so I can put a 4 wheeler and portable in it.

I purchased some tri leg camper jacks last week on hsolist so I can jack it up and back the trailer underneath. Should make loading and unloading easy.

Every year about this time I get into the shack building OCD phase. I'm trying to design a fold-up 4x8 skid house that can be lifted into the back of a pickup. To keep it light the two 4' ends would hinge 2' off of the floor to the middle, with canvas between the 4' sides. 2x2 framing 2' up will give a nice warm area, and a fixed box bench to hold equipment. Kind of like a flipover portable, but the sides would fold up instead of the front. A person could do the same for an 8x8 model but configure it differently. That would be plenty light to drag onto a sled trailer at 8x8 since there would be less weight. If you're a good with a needle and thread or know someone, you could make a good canvas with several types of material that would be pretty warm.

If you did an 8x8 model like this you could make the bench large enough to sleep multiple people. You wouldn't have fixed "bunks", but it could be done. I don't know about a cook stove with this design, but there would be alot of room to bring a portable cooker. You could even have a forced air furnace under the bench as well. Just an idea