• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Worth it?

picksbigwagon

Played at ridges today, and while the wheels were completely off the bus on 15 I found a snapped off head of a vokey 50* wedge. Some rust which I know I can clean it off with some blue wonder gun cleaner, how pitted is too pitted? Is it worth reshafting and putting it into play? I would take pictures but with my iphone and ipad, I can't download them onto HSO.......... What would you do?

Get a photobucket acct and you can upload the pics from there.

Some guys used to rust their wedges on purpose back in the day, I could never really tell the difference. But now days if it isn't spin milled or Zip grooved, I won't play it.

depending on the condition, it might be fun to square out those groves.

Took 0000 steel wool too it and "cleaned" it up, took the bright orange new rust off, looks like it should now, aged........my golf cubs are x100, my adams tom watson wedges are wedge flex, do I put an xstiff or stiff shaft on this wedge?

Picks! I play an older vokey 52 wedge.( think i bought it out of a used barrel for $20 way back when) grin Although it is my main club for pitching and chipping. I wouldn't put much money into it, when you can probably buy one complete and in good condition fairly cheap.

looks like a pretty good wedge to me. I had a 56 and a 60 about that age, I bought them new when I was in high school 14 years ago. I remember them having a very soft face and the grooves wore out pretty fast. I researched and that 250-8 is just their standard 50 degree gap wedge.

Quote:
250.08 & 252.08

Specialty gap wedges with slight offset and 8deg. of bounce.The reduced bounce is ideal for shots from hard packed sand or long bunkers. Moderate sole camber promotes driving shots from the fairway, as well as greenside chipping and run-up shots. Features a compact look at address.

For me, I don't use a gap wedge so I wouldn't reshaft it but if you need one then there ya go.