• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Lake to go to??

bobby_miller

Me and some buddies take a ice fishing trip every year the first week of Feburary. Last year we went to mille lacs and had a blast. But would like to go to a new lake every year but would like to keep it within 8hrs of Boone,Ia. We want to catch walleye mainly and few perch thrown in would be great to. Whats your suggestions?

Welcome to the HSO family Bobby

Lots of waters to choose from

Winni, Leech, Red, Cass, and Osakis just to name a few LOW is a great place to fish also.

If your going to choose a different place each year just keep heading north until you hit Lake of the Woods .

Thanks guys last year we went to mille lacs and had a blast. This year we were planning on going to lake Winnibigoshish and that is right at 8hrs but i figured i'd check with all of you to see what the best option is. If we have to drive a little further that would be fine but its just a fish Thursday to Sunday trip so the least amount of driving the better.

I would go to Waubay SD. Closer, less people, more fish, and you can use 4 lines.

Do you have anymore info on the area, lodging, watering holes etc.. We would like to go to a place with something to do after fishing as its a guys weekend/ fishing trip.

Keep the suggestions coming...

the only truoble with Waybay is if theres a ton of snow out that way theres no way to get on the lake.. its so wide open and when the wind blows it really screws things up ! Id still say LOTW, -plenty of nightlife for the guys and even an Igloo on the lake with a bar that serves food as well. You can even fish in the bar as they rent out holes like 5 bux an hr or something.