• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NFC Norris 2012...

YiGGiN4SLoBS

Ok, i cant take it anymore.... Its been a long off season and a LONG, HOT summer... and yes, Im ready for some football.

Lets get the football jibberish going!

Here's my NFC north Predictions

1. Green Bay 12-4 No way in hell can they repeat a 15-1 season. There will be some fall off. Their defense is over rated and Charles Woodson is due to fall off the map. Having said that, Rodgers throws seeds all over the field and they have an easy schedule. Despite having ZERO running game, they win the north again. Yuck....

2.Chicago 11-5 IF Cutler can stay healthy and their offensive line improves, their defense is still good enough to win quite a few games. Peppers and Urlacher are getting up there in age, but still effective enough... Cutler to Marshall re-united was a good move for this offense. Bears make the playoffs.

3.Detroit 8-8 I still dont think Detroits O-line is very good and Matt Stafford has a tough time staying healthy. NOT a good combo... The RB's arent helping cuz none of them can stay on the field for one reason or another. Their D-line is stellar and will have to dominate games for them because the rest of the defense is average at best. They still have a good shot to make the playoffs, but i think they fall off a little bit this year.

Minnesota 5-11 I dont think its possible for the vikings to play ANY worse then they did last year.... Having said that, they are weak at most all of the skill positions, AP is coming off a serious injury and they did nothing to improve a 3-13 team in FA. On top of that they play in one of the best divisions in football. Not too optomistic about this squad... I see another top 5,6,7 pick in next years draft.

The North gets 2 playoff teams IMO

Not too many surprises with these predictions- Lets hear yours....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt be surprised to see the bears win it. Forte paid, Cutler healthy, BMarsh, and a new O coordinator, our old friend Tice (who was vastly underrated during his time here and knows how to play to his star's strengths)

As much as i hate to say it, the packers will probably be dam good too.

Lions will be a disappointment. No running game, and that Dline isnt as good as they look on paper. If stafford gets injured they could easily finish 6-10 or worse.

Vikes could surprise some people. Lets not forget they could have easily started last year 4-0 if McNabb didnt suck so bad. 8-8 would not surprise me one bit.

Packers 13-3 (good draft, especially on their Defense)

Lions 10-6 or 9-7 (going to have one high powered offense)

Bears 8-8 possibly 9-7 more likely 7-9 (just getting too darn old)

Queens 3-13 or oustide shot at 4-12 (injuries, inexperience and horrible play calling)

Buck, I think you're way off on da Bears. They were headed toward an 11-5 record last year before Cutler and Forte got hurt, and they've added a really solid backup QB in Campbell, a great backup RB in Bush, a true #1 WR in Marshall. Plus Forte and Cutler back from injury

They go 9-7 at worst

Packers- 11-5

History shows a large drop off after 15-1.

Chicago- 10-6

Only because od offense, i think defense regresses this season.

Detroit- 8-8

I hope they would finish better than chicago, but the team just has to much turmiol to keep so many young players focused.

Minnesota 6-10

Tease us with a solid start, but scheldule is a little tough for us to make a huge improvment. We know more about future after this season.

Buck, I think you're way off on da Bears. They were headed toward an 11-5 record last year before Cutler and Forte got hurt, and they've added a really solid backup QB in Campbell, a great backup RB in Bush, a true #1 WR in Marshall. Plus Forte and Cutler back from injury

They go 9-7 at worst

Cutler is a crybaby and a sore loser. Forte will stink just like Chris Johnson after he got his contract. What does a backup matter if Cutler is playing. There is no such thing as a great backup RB. If he was so great he would be starting somewhere. And Marshall??? There is potential there, but either his ego or jail time will probably get in the way.

Their D is getting old in a hurry. Tice is an silly-me. ANd we have all seen Lovie Smith snatch defeat from the jaws of victory before. If they get to 9-7 it will only be because their schedule is really easy. They are a smash mouth team, and those teams usually get lots of injuries and they get destroyed when they have to play finese teams like GB and NE.

1. Green Bay 12-4 Their defense is over rated and Charles Woodson is due to fall off the map.

How can a defense that was last in the league (based on yards) be overrated? Funny. They did suck last year.

All of that said, they will still be good and even with a cake schedule will lose 2 division games (Lions and Bears) and likely one or two more. So I've got:

Packers 12-4

Lions 10-6

Bears 9-7

Vikings 5-11

I think that teams will struggle to contain Stafford and Megatron again, and their defense will help win games. The Bears offense is improved but the defense is aging and Urlacher is giant question mark because of his knee. I'd love to see the Vikings do better but I see them losing all six divisional matchups and likely another four to five. They'll lose to SF, Wash, Seattle, Houston, and either Tampa or Arizona. The end of the season will be a mudslide for the Vikes, facing Detroit, Chicago, Green Bay, Chicago, St. Louis, Houston, and Green Bay. St. Louis is the only real chance at a win assuming that Bradford, Laurenitis, and Jeff Fisher can't turn things around this year.

I do expect for Ponder to establish himself as the franchise QB. I don't understand the pessimism Minnesota fans already have towards the dude.

Pack 14-2

Bears 12-4

Lions 11-5

Vikes 8-8

apparently you think the nfc north is the greatest division of ALL TIME, huh paceman?

Go Blue- I agree with your assessment on the bears, they will be tough this year if Cutler stays up right. Yes he is a cry baby Buck, but he can still chuck the rock and hes got his old running mate back. Sure Marshall is probably more worried about what club hes going to after the game, but Cutler will get him the ball early and often.

Also Go Blue, maybe i did short change the lions a bit. It wouldnt surprise me at all if they make the playoffs again. But I just think the lack of a running game and below average o-line will hurt them a little in the end. Stafford doesnt move around like Rodgers and if they have to throw the ball all of the time, hes gonna take a beating and that will take a toll..... but dont get me wrong, id rather the lions win this division then the bears or butt pack!!

[quote name='YiGGiN4SLoBS

But I just think the lack of a running game and below average o-line will hurt them a little in the end. Stafford doesnt move around like Rodgers and if they have to throw the ball all of the time' date=' hes gonna take a beating and that will take a toll..... but dont get me wrong, id rather the lions win this division then the bears or butt pack!!

[/quote']

The Lions allowed the fewest sacks of any NFC north team last year. Running game may surprise a few people this year, as long as the injury bug doesn’t wipe them out again. They have the potential of a very good three headed attack.

Bears 11-5

lions 10-6

Pack 8-8 Rodgers gets knocked out for four games

Vikings 4-12

Pack 8-8 Rodgers gets knocked out for four games
I don't think that there is any team in the NFL right now that has a better QB system than GB. Under McCarthy as coach, they plugged in Rodgers for Favre. Flynn performed as good as any could in his 2010 and 2011 appearances, and now Harrell is wowing folks in camp.

Only Denny Green had a better QB system in my estimation

"The Lions allowed the fewest sacks of any NFC north team last year. Running game may surprise a few people this year, as long as the injury bug doesn’t wipe them out again. They have the potential of a very good three headed attack."

Klecker- Jahvid Bust is a concussion away from childrens coloring books. Hes constantly hurt. Leshoure, (not sure if thats how its spelled) the guy they drafted is already injured and might even be suspended too and Kevin Smiths middle name is "IR". Good luck with that 3 headed running attack....

As for the Lions allowing the fewest sacks in the division last year (whoopdy doo) The bears and vikings o lines were completely woeful (at least in pass protection) and GB throws the ball every single play of every game, so i think that was kind of by default.

"The Lions allowed the fewest sacks of any NFC north team last year. Running game may surprise a few people this year, as long as the injury bug doesn’t wipe them out again. They have the potential of a very good three headed attack."

Klecker- Jahvid Bust is a concussion away from childrens coloring books. Hes constantly hurt. Leshoure, (not sure if thats how its spelled) the guy they drafted is already injured and might even be suspended too and Kevin Smiths middle name is "IR". Good luck with that 3 headed running attack....

As for the Lions allowing the fewest sacks in the division last year (whoopdy doo) The bears and vikings o lines were completely woeful (at least in pass protection) and GB throws the ball every single play of every game, so i think that was kind of by default.

Ya he is suspended for two games. Also has a minor hamstring tweak. So between now and when he can play good to go. Smith is in the best shape ever, finally learned how to prepare for a season of NFL life. Detroit throws the ball every play too. Threw more and ran less than GB and still had less sacks so I would guess that’s by default right???????

Hasn’t Rodgers had one or two concussions? So I WOULD guess he is also one or two away from the same child hood books?????? Right?

I don't think that there is any team in the NFL right now that has a better QB system than GB. Under McCarthy as coach, they plugged in Rodgers for Favre. Flynn performed as good as any could in his 2010 and 2011 appearances, and now Harrell is wowing folks in camp.

Only Denny Green had a better QB system in my estimation

Well they didn’t just plug in Rodgers for Farve. Flynn had two starts against a 2010 Pats Def that was bad, and another against a Lions that was missing how many starting DB’s. When you figure that out let us know. And he also in a QB completion in Seattle. GB loses Rodgers, no running game that adds four more loses.

So if Denny Green had the second best QB rotation would that make Make Detroit the number three since their OC is from the Denny G coaching tree?

You might want to check the stats there buddy. Detroit had the 10th best sacks give up ratio in the league last year.

Detroit threw the 3rd most times in league history last year. FAR more than GB, who had 106 fewer attempts than Detroit. And yet GB allowed 5 more sacks.

Detroit - sack allowed every 18.5 pass attempts

Green Bay - sack allowed every 13.5 attempts

Chicago - sack allowed every 9.67 pass attempts

Minnesota - sack allowed every 11 pass attempts

So i stand corrected... But thats still kind of my point. They threw alot because of no running game. (and also mega tron, pettigrew and company are pretty dam good) Im not trying to say they dont have a good offense or arent a good team by any means. Im just predicting they take a smalll step back this year. Stafford stayed healthy for the most part last year despite throwing that much, lets see if it happens again this year. Detroit just seems like a team that would be REALLY dangerous if they could find a running game.

Klecker- A rodg has 2 mild concussions.... Bests' next one will be AT LEAST his 5th between college and the pros if im not mistaken. Bit of a difference there, no?