• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am thinking of a one day trip. think this is doable. Thursday August 9th

JOHNBIGDOG

Not sure where mt Iron is but ud be running right thru my back yard. Me an the wife went from Home here in Red lake falls to warroad to our cabin an back for a weekend ride around warroad area. Had a blast, really nice ride. If I were you I'd go east outa Thief river Falls an go grygla an wannaska way, not so many towns to slow down for or patrols. Thats our way next time. Very wooded sceanery, lots of deer tho.

I think a person could make it work. But that is one heck of a long ride. I think the last leg would get to be an endurance thing myself. That looks to be about 750 miles and 13 hours or so riding. Stop to eat a couple times(and to get some feeling back in the behind) you could easily turn that into 16 hours.

If it were me, I'd do half the ride one day, half the ride the next. That's a huge loop, and running thru large heavily wooded areas in low light with lots of bugs and deer, after a ride that long you're going to lose your "edge".

upnorth is absolutely right. This is a giant endurance test.

Just an FYI guys, I deleted the link after copying the link into another browser to get the map. I took a snapshot of the map and added the .jpg file in place of the original link.

I agree with everyone. That is one long ride to tackle in a days time surely resulting in a major case of monkey butt.

Thanks for editing, my post I was trying to get it to work, but I failed. thank you.

Do you know where Virginia is. its a stones throw away from there.

I have my 650f, and my partner in crime has a 250 ninja. I want to head up to I falls, I like that ride, and I wanted to meet someone in Crookston, so this is abut the best rout that I could come up with with out backtracking. I appreciate your inputs.

(on a side note I'm young, dumb, and full of * so this will be fun)

blush forgot....

650F and a 250 Ninja shocked. Better stock up on the talc. grin That little Ninja could make the trip but the motor will be a little stressed at maintained speeds over 55.

I know Tinkhamtown has done a mega-mile trip (something along the lines of 800 miles in a day...maybe more)

That little Ninja could make the trip but the motor will be a little stressed at maintained speeds over 55.

that 250 has had more days above 55, plus it has been tuned up (i dont know if one can say that) we removed the baffles and made her a little rich. not to bad now.

The only motel I know about in crookston is the americ inn. Red lke falls has a cheap motel called the chateau, or a city park with camping an showers along the river, real pretty an quiet mid week, if thats the type of traps your asking about, other than that it prettyy low key around here, not much to see or do around here except party with candians at voyagers viewthe tubing hotspot of the north. ood luck an have a safe run.

692 miles, 400 miles today. Had a fun trip. Only a few wrong turns one of which ended us in Canada. We talked with boarder patrol for a while then they let us turn around and continued on. Was in North Dakota for the first time. Saw a new part of the state that I have never seem before. Not to bad at all..