• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suggestions

Clemens has a few and Billy Vivona has a good one decorative thread wraps. You can also find a fair amount info on the web using your fav search engine.

Also feel free to ask questions here, some real good people willing to share info hang out here.

I have been looking through the forums here and think I will be able to make most as well. I have plenty of scrap wood around to build some stands and a wrapper. The only thing I do not currently have is a low RPM motor for a dryer.

I turn my rods by hand for at least the first hour and most times longer. It allows the finish to flow out and stay flat and avoids the football effect. And if your work area allows you to do something else nearby you could easily do the whole curing process by hand. For the most part if you mix the epoxy in the proper portions it should be pretty well set up in 3 hours.

fishfinder,

Mudhole is a good company but I like to support our local guys too. Give Al a call at Midwest Rod and Reel in Prior Lake. He'll set you up with everything you'll need.

I will have to talk with them. I dont make it to the Prior Lake area often at all but maybe if it works out i'll be able to stop there in the future.

I have been looking through the forums here and think I will be able to make most as well. I have plenty of scrap wood around to build some stands and a wrapper. The only thing I do not currently have is a low RPM motor for a dryer.

I went to Axeman and found a D-Cell battery powered motor for $3 a piece. I picked up 2 just in case...IIRC it was a 3rpm motor. I ran the motor for 3 days when I left for a long weekend after finishing a rod. It was still turning when I got back.

Quote:
I don't make it to the Prior Lake area often at all but maybe if it works out i'll be able to stop there in the future.

I've never been there but have placed many orders via internet or phone. You will get great information from Al at Midwest as to what will work for you.Great service, products and advise.

Scott