• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Creamed Cucumber salad recipes

There are a lot of creamed cucumber recipes out there but i think the people on this forum can come up with the best one. i have to admitt i have never made it and would like some great ways to make it. also, can you make this with the smaller pickle size cukes and leave the skin on since the skin is so thin? Thanks. good luck.

i peel and thin slice the cukes(2-3), add them to some salt water and let them soak for 1/2 hour or so to soften them up. in meantime i take a pint of half n half and will add 4-5 tbs cider vinegar to it to thicken the half n half. ill then thin slice some yellow onion and add it to cukes. then add sugar to cream to sweeten it. drain and rinse cukes good. i like cream thicker so i pat them dryer with paper towels. then add cukes and onions to cream mixture and cool. i add some pepper but doubt you will need salt. i love them on top of boiled new potatoes fork mashed skin on and lightly buttered

Creamed cukes? What do you mean by creamed?

We have tomatoe, onion and cuke salad 4-5 times a week now that the garden is producing...

Slice veggies however floats your boat

mix a scoop of mayo, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper... pour over and stirr with veggies...

I make it diff every time - sometimes more vinegar, sometimes more sugar(I use splenda) and lots of pepper, ect...

We had it tonight and I was going to snap a pict but the feed was already on. grin I prefer to chill the veggies before making it...