• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Over growen driveway.

slipbobbin

Glyphosate. It is the active ingredient in Roundup. You don't have to buy roundup brand.

To be as safe as possible you can mix it up in a spot sprayer and only spray the plants you'd like to kill. If it is very overgrown you can broadcast spray the entire drive.

These products dry and are pet/child-safe in an hour. I have a dog and my wife runs a home daycare and I use these products as needed. If you follow the mixing instructions and give it time to dry you will be fine.

Haven't looked at the MSDS but I don't think it's too wicked as far as chemicals go...Pramitol might be better for this. It'll actually sterilize the ground so the weeds won't grow back for a long time...like a year or more.

Roundup is good for killing what it touches, but it doesn't really prevent growth of new stuff.

Where is a good place to get Glyphosate I went to the FF and I seen it in 41% form and it was $80 a gallon seems kind of high any other places to look. Will this also take care of stumps and or brush

A gallon of 41% covers quite a bit of area...and yes, it will work on stumps and brush when mixed and applied properly.

Go to a local commercial spray/crop protection outfit. Cenex, Farmland, United Farmers, etc.

Ditto on places to purchase glyphosate. You should be able to buy a 2 1/2 gal jug of fully loaded generic 41% for about half of the $80 price you mentioned. Careful with the pramitol. Yeah it works but be careful along the edges of the driveway. It can creep/wash especially after a heavy rain and the consequences aren't pretty when it kills the grass in your lawn. frown

If you have lots to spray, buy the 2 1/2 gallons, I buy One every 3 years or so, and I do ALOT of spraying. I believe you mix 1 - 2 ounces per gallon of water. So that jug of concentrate will make upwards 250 , 300 gallons of finished product. Otherwise you can buy a gallon of ready to spray at any store as well for considerably less

I use pramitol at my sons shop for the race car. It keeps it weed free for approx 6-8 years before another app is needed.

Yes, one does need to be very careful, on how much they apply near a lawn.

I typically mix it as directed on the label and then spray the whole gravel area down and then spray water over it lightly over the whole area to start the chemical to go into the ground. This way, just incase there is a heavy downpour, It will reduce the chance of the rain water spreading the chemical into the lawn.

I have in the past also used diesel fuel added to the spray mix to get a faster burn on the weeds. That also has worked very well.

I have done this for years and NEVER had an issue.

Works great on every weed also.

Haven't looked at the MSDS but I don't think it's too wicked as far as chemicals go...Pramitol might be better for this. It'll actually sterilize the ground so the weeds won't grow back for a long time...like a year or more.

Roundup is good for killing what it touches, but it doesn't really prevent growth of new stuff.

Correct on the kill. Pramitol will keep the weeds away for years. Roundup is great for a contact spray with very little residual. Really only kills what it comes in conatct with while pramitol will sterilize the area. If it were to leach into the edge of the lawn, one would have to dig out that area and put some new black dirt there and reseed unless you want to wait for 5-8 years for the soil to be ok to reseed.