• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bushnell Trophy Cam??

How many of you have one?

I ordered one that is comming in the mail. What are your likes and dislikes?

Does it take both pics and video at the same time or is it just one or the other?

Any good tips for using it?

and what do you guys prefer pics or video?

Ordered the lockbox and an 8gb sd card.

Ran into my first problem with them this year. My camera got colonized by ants. I had to pull it down and freeze it to kill off everything, then open it up so I could get all the bodies out. I just got it back in place sunday morning.

I got the Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam Night Vision Trail Camera. I think I am going with video and going to set it up for 12 second videos every 45 seconds. I already have a great spot for it. Intersection of two main trials, under a huge oak tree, water about 150 ft away and heavy cover real close by. Already put down some deer cane and it had tracks in it the first six hours. Near a recent clear cut and a select cut as well. Got a 160 class 10pt two years ago about a quarter mile away. Hopefully one of his sons is going to walk in front of me this year. Technology is great once you learn how to use it. Hope I dont screw it up.

The videos w/ audio are outstanding. 3/4 of mine are set on video right now. Beware the trigger time on video isn't nearly as fast as when set on pics. There's a delay when writing larger video files to the SD card - not just Bushnell, but all manufacturers. I'd recommend being at least 15' off the intersection for the best results. Good luck!

I ran up today and put it out. Now you make me wish I would have turned the audio on. I have never used a camera with audio so I thought no big deal. I guess I will have to turn it on when I get back up for Labor day. I am about 15 ft from the main trail and about 50 ft from the secondary trail.

Lockbox hasnt shipped yet. I just put it out without. I hope some bear doesnt make it his personal chew toys. If it turns out like i think I am guessing I will be getting another one right away.

I have 3 now. They are working great so far, but only out for about a month. Ill really see how they work when the temp goes from 25-45 during november days. I do like the video, especially at night. It will be cool to have audio too during the rut.