• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

More Airshow Pics from the EAA Airventure 2012 Oshkosh WI

River Fish, I have pics of Glacier Girl Static and Flying. I unfrotunatly did not get any of Saturdays show, as I had to leave saturday morning so I could be back in Fargo by This morning. I will post a pic or two Glacier Girl for you.

From what we read and we told about Glacier Girl, was that when they buried the planes to hide them from the Nazis, were that they were sealed up in all the joints, and wrapped in some form of wax paper to protect them incase they went back for them. hey were brand new, being shipped to England from Factory here in USA. THere was also supposed to be an old war bird that was recovered from the bottm of Lake Michigan, but due to time constraints, it did not make it to OSHKOSH this year.

And Not only was Glacier Girl 268 Feet below the surface it was also dragged over a mile from its inital crash landing site.

i was using a Canon XTI, and for the flying shots, I was using a 100-400IS USM L lense and for the ground shots I was using a 17-85 IS USM lense. Both instances I was using BW cirular polarizer filters for some good cloud pop and blue sky.