• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

24 troller. 12v locator?????

Ridgerunnr

Question

I have a 24v troller with the 12v batteries hooked up in a series correctly in bow area.now im adding a depth finder on bow as well.. my question..since those batteries are closest how do i hook up the 12v finder but avoid 24v being sent to it and burning it up?

5 answers to this question

I wouldn't run a fish finder off the trolling motor batteries because when you turn the the trolling motor on you will get feed back on the graph. I was going to hook mine up to the trolling motor battery but was told not to by the dealer I bought the boat from because of this. my boat happened to to have wires ran to the other battery from the factory. I just added a extra battery in back by the starting battery to run all the finders and the radio and the VHF Radio. the main motor has it's own dedicated battery and the trolling motor has it's own also.

In your situation, Brad, you don't need another battery at the back for your locators, console lights, bilge, aerator, navigation lights, etc. They use such a small amount of power, you can just hook them up to the starting battery. This is how they usually hook them up from the factory.