• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1996 Yamaha 200HP Surge Issues

BassKnuckles

So the last couple time's I've been out my motor seems to surge when I punch it. It will sit there and go full power then drop a little then it speed back up. When I take off also I will be going then it's like something catches and it takes off and starts surging like above.

So I replaced the spark plugs and brought the boat out today. I thought it was going well until my over heat alarm went off. I looked at the RPMs and it was pegged over 80. So the rest of the day it seemed like they were running very high and it was like I couldn't get up to the speed the boat could in the past. I kept it cool and just idled back to the trailer when I was done for the day.

So do I have bad plugs now?

I need some suggestions please.

This weekend I replaced the fuel pumps, fuel filters and put sea foam in.

I took the boat out Sunday and still have the same issues.

1. When I start the boat the RPM's are at like 60-70 at idle. When I take off they are at 80 and higher.

2. Other times I can start it and the RPM's are at 20-40.

3. When I plane out the RPM's seem to still be running very high and if I trim the motor all the way down it seems to lower the RPM's

Do you think my motor need to be adjusted to sit lower? Could it be my prop?

I don't have the cash to bring it into a place to have it fixed and am trying to fix as much as I can first. Most places I have talked to have told me I need to bring it to some place downtown. Any help would be great.

Thanks