• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got the itch now!!!! Camera Pics...

Laska

Well I checked my cameras for the first time today, I got tons of does, and a couple bucks... I figured this would make you guys happy to see some velvet bucks in the daylight. I caught the biggest on camera in 2 different stand locations, needless to say Im very excited for the year to come...

Locale 3

WGI_0008.jpg

the guy in the backround is 10 to 12 pts, cant tell if the club on his right side is one or 3 pts...

WGI_0009.jpg

A nice 8pointer, where he is is exactly 15yeards from my stand smile

Locale 1

The Buck from above... Just gorgeous smile

SUNP0002.jpg

Coming into a crush salt block

SUNP0003.jpg

Nice tag out early so you can get a early start on decoys

I tried last year! Didnt work out but my buck that I was after last year got taken the opening weekend of gun season 1/2mile from my stand by a 13yr old.... Im happy for him but also very jealous- it was a 140's 9pt now its on his wall and not mine frown lol

Im not doing competition this year so I can spend more time in the woods...sssshhh dont tell no one hahaha smile

Great lookin buck Laska! I know the feeling well of someone else getting the big one, as im sure everyone else does! Its probably not the first time and surely not the last frown Part of the game!

That buck you got there now has gotta be around that 140 mark as well I would say! Better get him and make up for last year grin

Ive got many big fellas in the daylight in velvet too... unfortunately, when that velvet comes off the habit seems to change. Lets just hope they make that mistake ONE more time!!! Good luck putting an arrow in him this year!

Thx for the luck guys, I got to meet Lee and Tiffany Lakosky last night and learned a ton of things to do different this year. More than anything I just want my Gpa and wife to get one this year, Ive doubled my time in the woods this year than last year already and Ill be looking forward to opener and hearing whack!!! coming from my wifes side of the stand or my Gpa's.

JUST FOR LUCK the pics above I had Lee and Tiffany sign!! lol talk about superstitious! CANT HURT RIGHT! My wife had her bow signed too, so a little more added luck on her side!

Tiffany and my wife talked about camo shoes-pink bow strings and makeup in the woods... I can live with that!!! hahaha least its about hunting sort of right!? VERY FUN EVENING!!!

DSCN0912.jpg

Great pics Laska! I saw Tiffany and Lee too at Cabela's and it was pretty neat seein' them in person.

Question for ya: What model Wildgame Innovations trail cam you using there? I'm in the market for a cam or two and don't wanna spend a huge amount of $$ and rumor has it, some of the WGI cameras are not bad for the price.

Thanks,

I use the 6mp, they upgraded this year to the micro versions. I have never had issues with my WGI's the last 2 seasons well July-January x2. But my wildviews just dont have crisp pictures and enough settings and technology to take the pics that make them want I need, but they were really cheap- the pic of the 10pt in the middle of the pic was from my 5mp wildview.

the one that took the pics of the 8pt and 3 and 10pt was last years bigger version in black. Easy to use and takes good enough pictures to put in a frame after you bag the deer smile

I just bought a 10mp also WGI and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, the pictures are crisp, tons of settings and I got mine on clearence for $100 some places are still selling them for $160. Its wifi capable. Oh and it has a picture/review screen on the inside! I can still get these if anyone is interested.... just lending a hand can beat $100 for a 10mp...