• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yesterday seemed like a good day

DTro

To think about ice fishing.

Last night I was just hanging out in the garage and as a bead of sweat dripped down my forehead I spied the auger looking lonely in the corner so I fired her up ...and figured while I was at it I would throw a few batteries on their chargers...,then went back out and fired up the auger again. grin That Solo engine on the Strikemaster sure is a beast!

I kind of like getting a little taste of winter in the summer. It feels good. It’s like making a cast with the long rod out into the snow covered lawn in January, just to hear the sound of the clicker, or hopping up into the boat and just sitting there for a few minutes when it’s -15.

It’s like making a cast with the long rod out into the snow covered lawn in January, just to hear the sound of the clicker, or hopping up into the boat and just sitting there for a few minutes when it’s -15.

I learned how to scratch that itch last winter by Redwing. wink

Yesterday, I scouted out new lakes to fish, from lake maps. Made a ice jig order, and charged up the batteries to all my ice fishing electronics. The day before, I put in a order for a couple of deadsticks at TB's. Think cold! Die Summer, Die!

Love the hardwater.

My business keeps me busy (and a tired, dirty, stinky, sweaty mess) dawn to dusk for most of the summer, and so (with the exception of a few planned short vacation trips) winter is my favorite time for angling.

Good tips Dtro; thanks for the reminder.

Think I'll fire up the auger tomorrow and charge the batteries too.

Now, if I can just figure out where that "burned hair" smell is comin from.....?

grin

I get that way too seeing all my ice gear in the corner of the garage frown DTro, just think, first ice cats are under 5 months away wink

counting down the days to icing some cats again. I have some custom ice rods I want to build just for ice fishing cats.

Love the hardwater.

My business keeps me busy (and a tired, dirty, stinky, sweaty mess) dawn to dusk for most of the summer, and so (with the exception of a few planned short vacation trips) winter is my favorite time for angling.

Good tips Dtro; thanks for the reminder.

Think I'll fire up the auger tomorrow and charge the batteries too.

Now, if I can just figure out where that "burned hair" smell is comin from.....?

grin

we don't need a repeat this year. once is enough. laughgrinwink

I can get the itch scratch by stepping into the spear shack and sitting in the dark for a few minuets the steping out cause its like a sauna in there winter or summer grin or all I have to do is look at my many spears or grab my ice saw and I get the temporary fix.

Hmmm...ice fishing for cats! Sounds interesting. Something I might like to try. How about a little more info, tips, technique, etc.??

Heres a couple links to our St. Cloud forum for icein a few kittys and we usually have a Get to Gether called Cool Cats during the Hardwater season so try and make that as well alot of great guys and good fun iceing cats.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...ear#Post2760382

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...ole#Post2760081

found last years thread on Cool Cats also

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb..._th#Post2745704