• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

To Spin Or Not To Spin

Here is my thoughts on that. I pull spinners a lot and all year long. They work from opener to ice up. I set them aside and jig or rig when fish are either really concentrated in a small area, in cover, in water that isnt very consistant in depth with snags or I have to move slowly to be able to work a area over finely.

Spinners I use to search out fish and then at times will stop and jig or rig if I find a certain area that has a bunch of fish.

I run spinners at 1.0 to even over 2.0 depending on blade size and style. When fish wont commit to spinners at that speed I usually slow down but still troll spin n glows or smiley blades. If they still wont hit that I go to the old lindy rig and slow down even more.

Hope that helps if not PM me and hopefully we can get more quetions answered.

Thanks. Yeah, for now I'm just kinda' using them while getting from point A to point B, but still having a line in the water. Like I said though, I do like using them, and I've pretty much replaced trolling cranks with the spinner rigs. I'll continue to experiment with them through the rest of the season.

Thanks. Yeah, for now I'm just kinda' using them while getting from point A to point B, but still having a line in the water. Like I said though, I do like using them, and I've pretty much replaced trolling cranks with the spinner rigs. I'll continue to experiment with them through the rest of the season.

I have also replaced the cranks with spinners. I still use cranks on very rare occasions but I fret more at the idea of losing a crank more than a spinner.

I also use spinners from spring all the way to late fall. Can never go wrong with crawlers. I like the spinners with changeable blades.