• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AC Compressor Oil

My AC comp. blew a sael, (96 chevy 1/2 ton 350) I am putting on a remanufactured one,(and new acummulater) the sticker on it says to fill with oil but it dont say what kind or how much. Can someone please tell me what weight and how much to put in. Any other important info in changing a comp. would be appreciated. Thanks

Depends on which compressor you have. I dont have one that shows specific years but this shows by compressor type. On average about 8 ounces is close but do some searching there are several charts on line available too.

GM Delphi/Harrison V5* Retro 12346305 PAG 150, PAG BLUE 8 237

GM Delphi/Harrison V5* R134a 12345923 PAG 150, PAG BLUE 8 237

GM Delphi/Harrison HR6 / HD6 / HT6 12345923 PAG 150 8 237

GM Delphi/Harrison R4* 12345923 PAG 150, PAG BLUE 4-5 118-148

GM Nippondenso 10PA ND8 PAG 46 6-7 177-207

GM Sanden SD7 SP20 PAG 100 5 148

GM Sanden SD5 SP20 PAG 100 6 177

Thanks Macgyver55, Thanks for the quick reply that is what I needed to see. I have the HT6 compressor. Iguess my biggest concern was the oil weight,as I did find something about the 8 ozs searching the net.

Thanks Again