• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody getting the itch yet?

Well, I'm over the hump now from last winters calling and about 12 weeks until I'll hit em again.

Been doing some scouting and making notes on which of our properties are in hay or corn and checking in with our farmers to show them how we did. I also took a lot of notes last winter while calling and made general marks on the plat book where we saw or heard coyotes so I can check with those owners to see about hunting there this fall. You really need to weed out the unproductive spots or difficult to set up ones because there's so many good one's out there.

Rob

+ that times ten!! Grayfox. Hey, where do you get all your trapping supplies and what kinds of bait and lures are good from them.. Just going to go with different baits and lures this year. Thanks

I've ordered all of my stuff through Minnesota Trapline Products in the past as they're local,have a great catalog with everything you could possibly need and are real helpful and courteous when talking with them. I even asked about a driver for my Berkshire anchors and they sent out two drivers for free. I'm sure they don't cost much but it was nice anyway. I think you'll find most of the trapper supply places are real customer friendly.

I've been using the Caven's lures and baits for the most part and my success isn't even close to what they and others claim to catch so I'm sure it's a lot of operator error. There's a couple guys on here that do real well such as Ray that could maybe help you a little more and it'd be nice if maybe the guys with all the experience could take a few pics of their sets this fall and post up some how to's for dirt holes and flat sets that could help us all out.

Rob

Catching fox and yotes in footholds seems impossible until you figure out what you're doing wrong and catch the first few! There are so many variables!

I'm getting pumped for this fall. Have all my new traps nightlatched and modified, have all my dirt waxed and sifted, going to start dying and waxing soon.

I've been shooting my .22-250 a lot and practicing more difficult shots. Thinking about buying some more sounds for my FoxPro, but I'm not sure about that one!

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

good luck to all