• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorit e Memories Of The Arrowhead

reinhard1

full-35080-24633-img_0006.jpg

this pic was taken near Marcell near Grand Rapids. continental divide and having lunch.full-35080-24634-img.jpg

nothing like a little shore fishing on the Kab. i wonder if they netted their own minnows or if leeches were a bait they trapped and were aware of. good luck.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

full-35080-24756-img_0014.jpg

if you guys know where the Island Lake Inn is after you cross the bridge on the lake, here is where you turn to go to Boulder off of county 4. realy hasn't changed much since the 60's. if you look at the sign it say's Nordbergs Resort. i knew the family and stayed there many times. good luck.

The picture of the man standing in the snow, where you comment about no snowsuits invented yet, he's actually wearing a really awesome wool coat.

I'd bet that was a very expensive, classy coat back then. Looking at the style, and knowing the quality of the material, I'd bet that coat would run you several hundred dollars today!

I'd love to have that coat! smile

it seems to be the style back then along with the quality as you say for i have quite a few pics of guys in jackets of that nature. wool pants as well. the lady's all seem to wear the long coats down to their ankles, also wool i assume. good luck.

full-35080-24791-img_0009.jpg

full-35080-24792-img_0010.jpg

i propbably have another 200 pics or so of this area. haven't seen anyone actualy fish out of a boat yet grin. maby one will pop up. however the interesting thing i see here is that it seems boat rides were popular and a family event. which is very good. i like the way everyone dressed up and hat's were mandatory. good luck.

these pictures are original and from albums that my wifes parents had that they recieved from their parents. they are all original and vintage. nothing is photoshoped. dont even have a clue how to do that. i think what you see is an island. this pic is taken on Lake Kabtogama. these are all family pics taken by my wifes parents--parents and by relatives and their friends. all one of a kind. good luck.

full-35080-24862-img.jpg

homecomming parade in Chisholm in the 30's.full-35080-24863-img_0002.jpg

now with modern technology we may get a little white slip for a reciept, but most transactions are conducted electronicly these days. this is what you got from a bank in Chisholm as far as a bank reciept and then mark it down in a book. good luck.

thank you for sharing...story and pics, they are great.

full-35080-22272-img_0001.jpg

i'll never forget this day. fishing the upper Lester River was something my brother and i did often. most of the time we came home with a few that would be fried up in a cast iron pan with real butter.

it was a cloudy day with a little fog in the forest near the stream. no wind, and i mean dead calm. was using a russian hook [that's what we called them and i think the correct name of the little tear drop looking single hook spoon]. not realy having much luck and then this brown took the spoon and i ended up bringing in over the rocks on the bank.

put it on the stringer and worked myself back down stream to were my brother was fishing. all of the sudden i heard this s "snap". it was loud and clear with no other sound around except the sounds of the stream. i looked into the direction of the snap and there it was, a big black bear comming right at me down the slightly worn path of anglers who have used it.

what do i do now? first thing i did was put the stringer and the brown in the water to hide the scent and put a rock on the stringer. then i picked up a rock feeling like David and Goliath for a second. i went under a undercut bank in the river that the water carved out during high water times. so there i was, my heart pounding loud and fear through my body with a rock the size of a softball for protection.

the bear came near me and stood on top of the bank and made some sounds and soon went away. i waited for what seemed to be forever looked around and saw no more bear and went accross the stream and climed a tree to get a good look. on my way up i split my pants in half in the crotch area. well i looked around and no bear. so with fear still whithin me i walked down stream in the water at all times until i saw my older brother.

told him what happened but was more interested in the brown than my story. good luck.