• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meat Sales

This week at Cubs they have a great deal on Bone-in Pork country style ribs for 1.49 lb.  Boneless skinless chicken breasts for 1.99 lb.  Beef bottom round roasts 3.99 lb.  Boneless beef NY strip steaks 8.99 lb.  and 96% ground beef in one pound packs for 4.99 each.  Pork baby back ribs 3.88 lb.

County Market has 85% lean ground beef for 2.98 lb. in 3 pound tubes.  Boneless center cut pork loin chops 1.98 lb.  Beef boneless chuck roasts or steaks 4.79 lb.  Pork spareribs 2.69 lb.  Boneless center cut pork loin roasts 1.99 lb.  52oz. GoldnPlump cut up 8 piece chicken 5.99 each.  good luck.

Yes Del.  This has been sold for some time.  The meat is tested at the plant by the Fed inspectors.  As far as I know you have 96%, 93%, 85%, 80% and 75% ground beef being sold at this time.  Of course the 96% would not be used for burgers but as for hot dishes and sauces and for folks that need to cut down on fat.  good luck.

I'm guessing they are all cuts from the round.  Cow trim was used a lot years ago, which was very lean [Dairy type cow].  We used to grind from the round to make "ground round", or also "ground sirloin" which would be in that category.  I watched ground beef being tested.  The inspectors would have this gizmo that would fry a small sample patty and that had a plastic clear tube underneath that would measure the fat content from the drippings from the amount of meat tested.  Large amounts of boneless shank meat from the front quarter would be used to lean up meat as well.  good luck.

I just bought six more lbs of those .99 ribs before sale ends tomorrow. :grin:

7 hours ago, reinhard1 said:

I'm guessing they are all cuts from the round.  Cow trim was used a lot years ago, which was very lean [Dairy type cow].  We used to grind from the round to make "ground round", or also "ground sirloin" which would be in that category.  I watched ground beef being tested.  The inspectors would have this gizmo that would fry a small sample patty and that had a plastic clear tube underneath that would measure the fat content from the drippings from the amount of meat tested.  Large amounts of boneless shank meat from the front quarter would be used to lean up meat as well.  good luck.

Just tell him cows from India, RH. No fat anywhere.  :grin:

1 hour ago, leechlake said:

Cub had those $3.88 bb ribs.  Sign said "save 11 cents a pound"   Holy savings!!!   I'm thinking if I bought 200 pound I'd save $2.20.

No, you would have saved $22.00.    Where's that article about US math skills......:lol:

my math was based also on the time value of money with the ribs sitting in my freezer vs an investment at 5% that's why I deducted the $19.80.  Note:  I didn't include freezer electricity cost because that is a "sunk cost" since my freezer was already going to be on.  

I take offense. I was the dumbest kid in advanced math at Valley View Jr High in Edina three years running and I used my iPhone calculator to come up with $2.20.  I'm the victim in this... :)

This week Cub has beef boneless chuck roasts at 2.99 lb. limit 2 packs.  Bone in center cut pork chops 2.49 lb.  85% ground beef for 3.49 lb.  Beef top sirloin steak 6.99 lb.  Perdue whole fryers 1.29 lb.  Beef T-bones or bone in rib steaks 8.99 lb.  

County Market has Beef T-bones for 6.98 lb.  Assorted pork chops at 1.48 lb.  Boneless beef arm roasts 3.49 lb.  Baby back ribs 4.49 lb.  Boneless pork sirloin roasts 1.49 lb.  good luck.

Cub has 80% lean ground beef in 3 lb. tubes 2.99 lb.  Boneless center cut pork chops 3.49 lb.  Beef boneless bottom sirloin steaks 4.99 lb.  Beef chuck shoulder roasts 4.99 lb.  Fresh pub burgers 3.99 lb.  Essential Everyday boneless chicken breasts 3 lbs.  frozen 5.99 each limit 4.

County Market has 14 to 20 oz. of Just Bare Chicken boneless chicken breast 3.98 each.  Beef boneless ball tip [bottom sirloin] steaks 3.98 lb.  Beef boneless top round steak 4.49 lb.  Boneless pork country ribs 1.99 lb.  Fresh center cut bone-in pork chops 1.99 lb.  Assorted bone-in pork chops 1.79 lb.  good luck.

When I was at Sam's on Friday they had fresh boneless chicken breast for $1.99 which is pretty much there everyday price but they also listed a case price of $1.56 which consisted of 6 packs that I estimated would be around 36lbs of boneless chicken breast. Could not help but think about ordering some of the garlic sausage mix and whipping up a batch or 3 :D

Cub this week has half boneless pork loins on for 1.99 lb.  Choice beef bone-in strip steaks or large snow crab 6.99 lb.  8 pcs. fried chicken or 10 pcs all dark fried chicken 5.99 each.  Hormel half bone-in spiral hams 1.79 lb.  93% ground beef in 3 pound tubes 3.99 lb.  Beef choice tip roasts 4.99 lb.  Baby back ribs 3.99 lb.   48 oz. Jennio turkey store ground turkey 6.99 each.

County Market has choice boneless rib eye steaks 7.98 lb.  56 oz. whole chicken, thighs, drums or 14-15 oz boneless skinless chicken breast from Gold'n Plump all 3.98 each.  Choice beef chuck steaks 4.49 lb.  Baby back ribs 4.49 lb.  Bone-in pork butts 1.99 lb.  Pork steaks 1.99 lb.  good luck.