• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WILD SIGN PARISE AND SUTER!!!!

Dylan33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ready to crown 'em, but I agree making the playoffs should be an expectation now. Some years where we don't, but we should be in the hunt every year. 2000 season ticket sales already?

I like the fact that our lines are starting to look logical now. You have 3rd line guys playing on the 3rd line. Your second line is filled with skill guys. And our first line will have 3 really good players on it that can work together to put the puck in the net. And we don't need our prospects playing in the bigs right away, they can spend most of their season in Houston and provide depth if injuries occur.

Suter will eat the clock on the blue line. Hopefully be feeding that puck up ice to guys who can score. It's all good. The money looks really high to me, but look at how much some of our concussed injury prone guys have made too.

How many times you gonna say that Bear! ... Believe it baby!

I am getting sick of typing it. grin

I agree with your assessement of our future too, we probably have a 7-8 year window to get it done before Parise and Suter are too old and their cap hits/production start to become an issue.

Quote:
Hopefully be feeding that puck up ice to guys who can score.

agreed! It was painful last year at times watching them lose the puck then chase it and give it away in the nuetral zone.

I saw a depth chart that has Powe on the 4th line but I hope not for long! Bulmer, Rau and Zucker can't be far off.

Anyone know if Eric Christiensen signed or what the wild plan to do with him? Mr. Shootout... What about Foster?

I heard Christiensen was KHL bound and Foster I believe is playing for Ottawa next year.

I was surprised Chistiensen couldn't get on with an NHL team. He wasn't much of a defensive forward, but he had some scoring knack and was very solid on the SO.

I'm sure Ottawa will be enjoying that 100mph shot Fozzy's got.

So all the guys that we traded for last year are gone? What was the point besides getting rid of a couple large contracts? Zidlichky is gone but they also traded Wellman for Christiensen when they didn't have a shot in hell at the playoffs.

I'm sure Chistiensen was basically a "tryout". If he showed he could be a goal scorer and still play defensively, they probably would have tried to keep him around. Either way, Wellman was gone, so at least they took a shot at something that had potential to be a scoring threat.

Originally Posted By: BuckSutherland

...and HYPE is all it will be...

Another loser MN move. Name one time in the history in PRO sports in MN where giving out the big long-term deal has done anything for us.

Thats right, it has never worked. And like donks the Wild doubled down on it.

Look what losers the twins turned into signing Joe tampoon Mauer for 184 million.

The wild will continue to suck just like the rest of our teams. They will be lucky to make the playoffs, but to us MN fans I guess just making the playoffs is like winning the cup. [/quote']

Bump

Not the first time we've given out crazy deals (Backstrom). In two years, if 3 of our top 6 prospects pan out, we will have a shot at a cup.

I would like these contracts more if they were 8 years at the same hit, but as Parise stated, being home was a part of his decision. If the contract wasn't to the end of his career, I'm guessing he would have gone elsewhere.

bump

I think he broke his glass and is still bitter about it.

Go Wild, I see a bright future for us. Fletcher has a great plan in place and I think even he didn't think it would go this well. Solid team, depth, and a load of highly skilled prospects on the way up. We are a couple of solid D away from condenting. Those can be filled by prospects developing, trade or a FA signing in the future. I almost for got to mention dispite spending to the cap this season we have lots of cap flexability in the future.

Bump

Welcome home boys.

This is a cool deal, but wait, there's more. Wild went out, spent some money, and got 2 very good players. In the near future other big name players will be looking at coming to Minnesota. This deal is bigger than these 2 guys. The Wild just told the NHL they want a cup.

The next couple of years are going to be pretty darn exciting.

Bump.. real exciting.

How many times you gonna say that Bear! ... Believe it baby!

An annual 7.5 million dollar salary cap hit per player is a steal my friends!

Realistically this puts us in the playoffs 7 or 8 of the next 10 years. I'll give us home ice in 5 of those seasons and we'll play for the conference title 2 or 3 times and the Cup once or twice!

And that is all a fan can really ask for for in today's NHL!

Go Wild!

Bump

LOL