• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WILD SIGN PARISE AND SUTER!!!!

Dylan33

These 2 guys have a solid history of being healthy and isn't their contracts very front loaded with upfront garanteed money? I thought the last couple years were $1-2m year? Is that how it works??? If so, like mentioned above when we can contend in a cople years, who cares if you have these 2 contracts on the books at $8m a yr, Havlat was $6.5m, Heatly is up there, Koivu is up there and so is backstrom. Unfortunatly, this is the way you have to sign top free agents if you want to contend these days.. It sounds like Detroit and Pit offered more money!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how the deals break down, I think it avoids the cap hit for a couple years (not sure) and then I read that they probably won't even play the last couple years when they are pushing 40.

Quote:
2012-13: $12 million ($2 million base + $10 million signing bonus)

2013-14: $12 million ($2 million base + $10 million signing bonus)

2014-15: $11 million ($6 million base + $5 million signing bonus)

2015-16: $9 million

2016-17: $9 million

2017-18: $9 million

2018-19: $9 million

2019-20: $9 million

2020-21: $8 million

2021-22: $6 million

2022-23: $2 million

2023-24: $1 million

2024-25: $1 million

Someone is a glass half empty person.

I think he broke his glass and is still bitter about it.

Go Wild, I see a bright future for us. Fletcher has a great plan in place and I think even he didn't think it would go this well. Solid team, depth, and a load of highly skilled prospects on the way up. We are a couple of solid D away from condenting. Those can be filled by prospects developing, trade or a FA signing in the future. I almost for got to mention dispite spending to the cap this season we have lots of cap flexability in the future.

This is how the deals break down, I think it avoids the cap hit for a couple years (not sure) and then I read that they probably won't even play the last couple years when they are pushing 40.

By the time 2020 rolls around those cap hits won't be that bad either.

I think that's just the reaction Leopold was going for.

As for the cost, after next year, we lose Heatly (7.5M) and Backstrom (6M). So, after those two, we are almost even. So that's not soooo bad.

But, those contracts are too long, IMO. It doesn't matter if they are front loaded. The average hit is ~7.5M over 13 years. Regardless of what they make years 9-13, the hit is still 7.5M. So, get ready to complain about big contracts in 2021 wink

...and HYPE is all it will be...

Another loser MN move. Name one time in the history in PRO sports in MN where giving out the big long-term deal has done anything for us.

Thats right, it has never worked. And like donks the Wild doubled down on it.

Look what losers the twins turned into signing Joe tampoon Mauer for 184 million.

The wild will continue to suck just like the rest of our teams. They will be lucky to make the playoffs, but to us MN fans I guess just making the playoffs is like winning the cup.

blahblahblahblah...

Excited to see these two play in MN, it will make the team better and hopefully a run at the cup very soon. They did it in 2003 (to the W Conf finals that is), why not again?

I think that's just the reaction Leopold was going for.

As for the cost, after next year, we lose Heatly (7.5M) and Backstrom (6M). So, after those two, we are almost even. So that's not soooo bad.

But, those contracts are too long, IMO. It doesn't matter if they are front loaded. The average hit is ~7.5M over 13 years. Regardless of what they make years 9-13, the hit is still 7.5M. So, get ready to complain about big contracts in 2021 wink

After this season Backstrom, PMB and Cullen are off the books if we don't resign them. The season after Heatly and Seto are up. If Heatly can stull burry them I hope we can keep him around with a pretty decent pay cut. Same goes for Seto but I hope he is due for a raise after a couple of 30 goal seasons. Unlikely but I can dream.

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=18

We also have those rediculous buyouts finally coming off the books, Barker 500K after next season and Parrish 900K the season after.

Huh, I thought Heatley was done after this season. I do like him too, but not for 7.5M.

Seto needs to seriously pick it up if he expects a raise. A couple 30 goal seasons would do nicely grin

Is it October yet?

Welcome home boys.

This is a cool deal, but wait, there's more. Wild went out, spent some money, and got 2 very good players. In the near future other big name players will be looking at coming to Minnesota. This deal is bigger than these 2 guys. The Wild just told the NHL they want a cup.

The next couple of years are going to be pretty darn exciting.

This should clear up any Heat references, I was going to post something similar but this is a nice time saver.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/161516535.html

Not really. My Heat reference wasn't about the players, but the fans and the media who are already adding up the number of championships before the puck is dropped. I mean, for crying out loud how about they just give the Cup to the Wild now and get it over with? As Denny Green once said, if you wanna crown'm, then crown'm.

People need to settle down a bit or they're going to have an awful disappointment and heartbreak coming to them. After all, this is Minnesota, A.K.A. Loserville, USA.

Save me a seat on the parade route. smile

Up at the cabin all week, musta sweat off 10 lbs. Didn't hear the good news until Friday, so I was completely in the dark. Sweet is all I can say. Sure will be fun to watch these guys the next few years! Hats off to Leipold for opening his checkbook and to Fletcher for a ton of work.

Russo had a great write up in the Strib this morning about how it all went down. I was surprised Parise placed so much value in playing with Suter, and he took over $12M less than Philly offered. Suter got a pretty sweet deal for a Dman if you ask me. He also took slightly less than the top dollar amount offered though.

I can honestly say I've not heard one person say the Wild are a shoe-in for the cup.

Everyone knows they aren't a shoe-in. The only thing they had better accomplish this upcoming season is the playoffs. No one expects them to go from 5th worst to Champions.

After they get a couple of their prospects in, I do expect them to give it a good run. But, as we saw this year, the best team in the league doesn't always win it.

Both Parise and Suter got A's on their jerseys already. I don't know about this. I would have made them play out a quarter of the season and then decide on the A's. Make them work for it, but maybe that's just me.

I'm sure both are capable captains, but I don't like the thought of them walking on and getting that given to them.

Up at the cabin all week, musta sweat off 10 lbs. Didn't hear the good news until Friday, so I was completely in the dark.

It was pretty quiet around here for this big of news, I figured some of the regulars were unplugged for the week. Still can't belive we got both of them. Future looks bright!

How many times you gonna say that Bear! ... Believe it baby!

An annual 7.5 million dollar salary cap hit per player is a steal my friends!

Realistically this puts us in the playoffs 7 or 8 of the next 10 years. I'll give us home ice in 5 of those seasons and we'll play for the conference title 2 or 3 times and the Cup once or twice!

And that is all a fan can really ask for for in today's NHL!

Go Wild!