• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post your June Morson updates here!

Wow! Reefs!

Hard to believe it if I hadn't experienced it myself, but the mid-July reef bite is on big time. We just hammered them. Nothing huge, 2 at 26'' were our biggest, but a ton of fish 16-22. Great year class of 17 inchers to keep.

Bottom bouncers and spinners as usual. Had to use up some minnows and they worked good but crawlers were fantastic. I'm done with minnows now for a few months.

This is the earliest I've seen them on the reefs at this level. Had to battle wind on Friday afternoon but got em. Saturday morning was perfect -- flat calm, sunny and hot and they had the feed bags on. The 6 year old was reeling in 17 inchers all morning! Even the teenager had fun with doubles galore. Storm came through Sat afternoon early then it cleared out again. Whitecaps from the north but fishing still good.

My only fear is that this is not going to last through July when I have my long trip up there!!!

Back up in 11 days! Go getem now folks!

After reading wildthing's post this morning I had to made some time to go wet a line grin out at Rabbit Point one walleye and a bunch of saugers fished in 15 fow ..seen 6 or 7 boats come and go in the hour we were there ..hoping to fish MUSKIE on Saturday.... Have a good one

Beautiful weather weekend up at Morson. Saw the most amount of boats heading in and out of Hansen Bay in a long time - at it wan't even July 4. Beautiful, gorgeous weather Friday night. Trolled some crankbaits around a few local islands and caught nice sized 20" or so walleyes, a couple northerns and a smallie.

Headed out to Miles Bay Saturday morning and caught many 10-14" walleyes, but not much for size. Tried reefs and points jigging and trolling spinners with crawlers or leeches. Went north of Sunset Channel Saturday afternoon in caught really nice 17-18" walleyes off points trolling spinners. Threw crankbaits/spinner baits and small muskie lures Saturday night off the local islands and caught a small muskie, mid-20's walleye, smallie and some northerns.

Went back north of Sunset Sunday morning and caught some walleyes to take home. Bass fishing our way back to Hansen Bay but couldn't get much going.

Plan to fish walleyes, smallies and muskies over the week of July 4. Anyone have any advice on the type of structure smallies are on during the day this time of year - and how best to fish them?

By the way, kudos to Tolenspl - you've done a nice job cleaning up the resort. Looks good.

We fished Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then home Monday a.m. Did very well on keepers, lots of 17 inchers. Biggest was 25 and a few 23's. Still no hawgs though.

I'd say it was a bit slower than two weeks ago. They also were deeper, about 17 feet, on the reef edges and not on top. Water temp was about the same, from 68 to 72 depending on the sun. I think the mayflies and cold fronts may have slowed it down, but it was still great!

Mosquitoes just starting to get bad. Water level is rocketing up, probably up 18 inches since April. There goes our wild rice. Bummer.

My six year old spanked everybody else and she was using a chartreuse spinner -- and that has for the first time shaken my undying confidence in hammered gold. Maybe because the water was very dirty? I dunno but may have to buy some chartreuse!!

Take care all. We'll be back up in a couple weeks!

P.S. Kids got swimmers itch so be aware.

Just got back from two weeks at Morson. Good fishing, not spectacular. Lots of nice fish - 16-18". Many fish around 15-16'. Most were caught on spinners and crawlers. Got some first week on reefs, but after wind, cold fronts and mayfly hatch started to pick them up back on shorelines, 17-20 FOW. Biggest was 25". Got 10 nice crappies in 29 FOW. Some still had eggs. Where we got the crappies the Mayflies were coming up so thick the locator couldn't penetrate. Didn't get to do any muskie fishing. Most guys said it was slow. Back in two weeks.

Got back yesterday from 4 days of fishing. Fished walleyes 3 days and made it up to WFB for one day to fish trout. We also fished muskies off and on and in the evenings. There was 8 of us that stayed at the Kerkow cabin by Mylies and it was fantastic! We ate fish, drank beer, and visited every night. Fishing was great out west of Morson. We fished spinners with crawlers on reefs. The deeper reefs (19-20ft)seemed to produce better than the shallow. Fish seemed concentrated on certain parts of the reefs but once you were able to locate and work we pulled in really good numbers of fish. Biggest eye was 27.5" by my brother. Most 20" plus fish we caught deeper 25-30 ft just off the reefs. Also caught plenty of eaters. Also caught our first trout summer fishing WFB so that was cool. Funny thing was my brother caught it using a 3oz bottom bouncer with a spinner and crawler! No muskies, but my brother caught a nice 38" Northern. Great times as always...hoping to get back up in mid to late August.