• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This Weekend: Highwater Options/Strategy?

RandyFish

This will be a strange weekend.

Water levels (at least arouind metro) will increase a fair amount over the last two days.

Will this impact bedding?

Any ideas what to throw?

Should a person cover ground with spinner baits or chatterbaits....or work more precisely on edges with simple jig head/worm, heavier skirted jigs or texas rigs?

This is a unusual set of circumstance

My perspective is the rivers might be affected more by the increased current, but that usually puts the fish in tighter areas. We dont have the water fluctuation that the resevoirs down south have where the last few days a heavy rain really inundation those bodies of water. It takes a lot here to do them in our natural lakes where there are so many areas for run-off.

With that being said, as far as the lakes go, i dont see the water raising significantly (greater than 3") to affect the bass fishing. I think more importantly, it's this weather that will be rolling that will affect the bite and ability to toss slower baits. Winds will be easterly at 15mph - so harder to drop shot/senko/fish slow.

I plan on covering water first thing with baits you mentioned - chatterbait, swim jig, baby 1-'s - and see if there are reaction bites. If i find fish in an area, i will try to hunker down and slow the presentation to see if piggies can be caught - site fishing will probably not happen tomorrow.

Others?