• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tail light for Shorland'r trailer

chaffmj

Question

20 answers to this question

should be able to pick one up at any auto parts store or hardware store...just make sure it is a submersible(sp). I have a shorelandr and had rectangle lights and replaced them with square ones. good luck

Right now I need only one so I was looking for the shoreland'r rectangluar type to match the other one. Maybe I should replace them both with the square ones like you did ozzie because they are available everywhere.

For me it was a no brainer as my tailights weren't that bright and it seemed that the light was oxidized or just not clear enough and since I was replacing one I thought they both might as well match and it is such and easy job....4 clips of wires, 4 bolts, 4 crimps on the connectors, electical tape them up and done...in fact it was so easy that after I broke one side of my new tailights on the first trip to the lake I went out bought another light and did it again....for me I had almost $40 invested in the lights but that was a kit (couldn't find single submersible lights at first) and a additional light.

If you want a matching trailer light, both Nelson Marine in White Bear and Frankies in Chisago carry them. My last boat was on a Shorlandr trailer and I know exactly what you are going through trying to find one.

Del the kit they sell at Northern will fit just fine. The bolt hole pattern are standard. The LED kits are very bright but you have to buy the side and rear markers separate. Nice to have all of my lights working and no more incandescent bulbs. If the kit is not on sale for $49.99 just wait it will be sooner or later.

I have a Shorelander trailer and bought the LED rectangle tail lights and marker lights from Northern for about $100. including the 3 light bar on the axle. Used one of their coupons in a flyer they sent me. Saved $20. Lights all fit good and was just a matter of mounting lights and making the connections. Had it done in a couple hours. A great upgrade.

I bought my lights all separate also. The tail lights were on sale for 39.99 and all the others were 9.99. Six marker lights and the axle light bar was basiclly free with the coupon.