• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Michigan

For those of you heading out of Keewaunee, The charters and afew private boats have been doing well in the skinny water near the pumphouse. Charters have run almost excluseively FF and dodgers while the private boats have taken fish on a mix of spoons FF/dodgers. The bows are in as are the kings and you can find pods of fish anywhere from shallow to deep but the top 50' of water has been generally better then deepr. Top 50 feet is producing on all sorts of rigs. Water temps up top changed 2-3 degrees over the weekend due to the heat but 3-7 colors of leadcore have done well consistnetly with 3&5 being most productive. Bows have been wreaking havoc on folks lines creating chaos and excitement by blasting across the surface and doing their acrobatics causing mayhem with other lines in the spread. Bloody nose, orange, monkey puke, kevorkian and moonshine hotlips have been consistent producers as well as a little boy blue fly, green and aqua howie flies behind mountain dew flashers, chrome and white with glow/silver. Dypsies are hitting some days and riggers as well but most of the action has been on the higher board lines with lead or snap weights. Dypsie settings are running fairly short with 75-90' out being common right now for early am and then letting them out to 125 or more after the suncomes out. Water temps have been in the 50's up high and in the 45 degree range at 50' down, lots of cool water in tight right now but that may change by the weekend. Heraded out for a whirlwind tour Friday to Sunday am and can't wait! My 10 yo son is going to be fishing out on the big lake for the first time and my dad and a buddy will be along as well. Hopefully, I will be able to put a few fish in the boat and give specifics on my return. I will be out again over the weekend of the 21st, staying in Keewaunee and fishing out of there with my boat, Odes Folly, or off the Hobby shop, my buddies boat. Good luck fishing!

Tunrevir~

Tunrevir, Sutty should be out there right now, in case you weren't in contact with him already. He has a couple guys with him. I was hoping to run out this weekend, buy my wife did not approve... Hoping to make it out on the 14th/15th with my dad.

Thanks Cheetah, Yeah Sutty got ahold of me and I gave him the info I had. Leaving tomorrow for a WHIRLWIND WEEKEND, THEN HOME AND BACK THE WEEKEND AFTER NEXT FOR AN EXTENDED STAY. Dang work gets in the way of many a good fishing trip. Regards to your wife, tell her it was all peer pressure from us guys on the board that made you want to go out. We'll take the heat for ya grin

Tunrevir~

I talked to Sutty a couple times, he is on his way home now, they did well. Only one morning messed up due to weather, Saturday. My dad and brother went out Friday night, couldn't fish Sat morning but got out in the evening and again this morning (Sunday). Not as many fish as Sutty, but missed a bunch of steelhead too so it was productive either way. I haven't heard any details about depth or lures used.

Still hoping to make it out next weekend, 14th/15th.

Ahh it feels good to sleep again grin

Had a great trip to Kewaunee. From 7-4 to 7-8. The first couple of days I worked from 80-100 feet just south of the can. Started Slow on the 4th only managed 2 that evening. Thursday and Friday were fantastic catching 10-15 each time out including some lakers and shakers that went back if they were in good shape.

The best producers for me was a mix of moonshine spoons (Jacksmelt, Bloody Nose, Hot lips) Standard orange spoon on a two color outside board took most of the Bows.

I ran flasher/flies on my braid dipseys. Green flasher green/white fly on one side blue flasher aqua fly on the other side. 75 feet out in the dark 150 in the day. The dipseys took a lot of our better fish.

Went deep the last day working from 220-260 on a SE troll caught 6 nice Bows and 2 Kings.

I'll add a few pics after I hook the camera up.

I did not make it out this past weekend. My wife needed me to stay home to help with the baby. My dad went out solo, said it was fairly slow fishing catching only a couple fish each time out. Some other private boats were doing well in close, 50-80fow. He focused on the 120-180fow range that he usually fishes. Finally on Sunday morning he caught a bunch in the low to mid teens. Sorry I don't know what he was using for lure colors.

Just got back from my first trip to Algoma, 3 days on about 2.5 hours of sleep a night, four of us brought home 19 kings 2 steelhead and one laker. We fished in 80 to 150 feet 50 to 75 feet down. We didn't do near as well as the charters but I had a blast. Lost a lot of fish, if we would have landed them all we would have had our forty easily. Caught them on flies during the day and blinking plugs at night. It might take a while to get my land legs back, every time I shut my eyes I feel like I am still bobbing in the sea. I will go back again for sure, would like to stay longer next time so the sleep schedule wouldn't be so brutal.

Algoma and Kewaunee are fishing well. Two Rivers is producing nice catches as well if fishing from a boat. Shore fishing there is slow due to all the warm weather here. Milwaukee and Racine areas are doing well too. Hoping to hit the piers this week once the temps drop to try my luck.

Tight lines all

Fished the past 4 days in Keewaunee both mornings and evenings. Thursday night we did well on flashers and flies and dypsies run out 150-180, mirage, aquafrog and blue mirage all produced well with white and glow cracked ice and silver, green cracked ice and silver and a flasher called jellyfish(purpleish plastic with a pearly glow tape on one side and a glow strip and chrome on the back. Hot spoons included mag moonshine bloodynose, shelly snack, happy meal, Proking MGD, silver streak blackfin tuna. Water fished was highly variable due to the cooler water moving in and out with the winds. Caught fish from 210, 80-110' down to 65' down 50. Thursday night bite was shallow and prolonged, Friday night it was deep in 140-190. Saturday am 125-150, Saturday pm 60-90. Jplugs and 1# balls produced some decent fish for us as well. Glow ghost and wonderbread or pearl uv #4's all took fish. Leadcore was active in the shallows but with the changing water temps we had a few days where the high stuff never got hit but still managed a few steelhead off riggers and dypsies set for deep water.

Tunrevir~

Tunrevir~

Just got back from my first trip to Algoma, 3 days on about 2.5 hours of sleep a night, four of us brought home 19 kings 2 steelhead and one laker. We fished in 80 to 150 feet 50 to 75 feet down. We didn't do near as well as the charters but I had a blast. Lost a lot of fish, if we would have landed them all we would have had our forty easily. Caught them on flies during the day and blinking plugs at night. It might take a while to get my land legs back, every time I shut my eyes I feel like I am still bobbing in the sea. I will go back again for sure, would like to stay longer next time so the sleep schedule wouldn't be so brutal.

Gotta love the algoma coma

had a great weekend in Kewaunee.We got 49 fish in 3 trips out.The morning bait was best.Most every thing was fireing.Fished in 110 ft.Most inportant,The crew we had was very happy!Sure hope the fish keep on the feed bag.GOOD LUCK FISHING!